mini bike & trike rules wachusett valley riders club winchendon ma.

I totally get it and I will definitely come up and see what's up, I'll try and drag my Dad along too, I know he expressed some interest in building a bike for this track. I would want to build a 2-wheeler instead of the trike, but like you said maybe I'll catch a rut and think better of that decision lol.
My Dad wants to build a trike but with a traditional frame and not the rear mounted engine style. Like my bike but with a 3ft wide live axle with 2 wheels/tires instead of just the one. That way all my current 2 wheel stuff would work in both situations.
But my motor is too big, wrong fuel, etc. An engine swap and removal of the wheelie bars and installation of the proper tires and gearing should get me past tech. I'll start pricing out full face helmets and see what I can get.

On the rules though: so as long as you are riding safely it's OK to be fast? Like I said getting thrown off the track for being too fast is going to completely ruin it for me. I like to be competitive and not afraid to spend the time and money to get there. But I also do not want any dangerous situations out there either, no one wants to crash. I think once I go there and see it in person I will get more of a feel for how things are run and what the expectations are. It looks fun as anything and like I said I know some of these guys and raced with them before so I know it's definitely a blast. The videos are fantastic.

I'm glad you're enjoying this Gumpit. Nice lean angle there. :thumbsup:
Thats just an easy turn. You should see me on the hairpins and how funny I look on the right turns.... .. With my Extra high center of gravity I have to get sideways. On the right hand turn. I reach over to the right brake lever with my left hand and kind of lay back... Lol.. Im going to try a thumb throttle this year to see if it makes a difference...

Definitely come and check it out first before you build anything I think. Try both a mini and a trike. Speed isn't the issue. The minis don't handle like the big bikes so I think common sense will be what limits you.

I personally build different style bikes so I can race more period !!!! But like Rob said a true drag bike hits the pocket hard ....balls out hp on one of these little motors is not cheap even with out the other custom parts
thats what im talking about!!!!!! i have one for the oval & one for the TT seat time is the best time :scooter:

I meant once you feel how the bike handles in a rut you might drive a little more cautiously on the turns. Even the flat trackers slow down going in to the turn.... Lol

My name is Matt McNeil im 14. I have a 72 cat mini bike with a 3.5hp Tecumseh engine. My dad helped me build the bike. I bought the frame on craigslist and I look forward to riding it

My name is Matt McNeil im 14. I have a 72 cat mini bike with a 3.5hp Tecumseh engine. My dad helped me build the bike. I bought the frame on craigslist and I look forward to riding it
Matt we look forward to meeting you and your dad and or your family stay tuned here fo updates to when we start riding/racing

Ok thanks I'll see what I can find for USA made
You can always borrow my old helmet, the shield is all scratched but if you have goggles or can squeeze glasses on you are more than welcome to use it :thumbsup: I'll have to find out where the wife stuck it and see where it was made :doah:

Don't forget about number plates when you are building them. One is needed on the front and one on the left side. I have "013" Randy has "14".. So chime in and claim your numbers.lol... Don't worry if you don't have a real number plate. We used paper plates the first couple of times... Randy even has his number on his helmet.