mini bike & trike rules wachusett valley riders club winchendon ma.

WACHUSETT VALLEY RIDERS CLUB 783 SPRING STREET WINCHENDON MA (wvrclub.com)

PLEASE NOTE THAT ANY OF THESE RULES CAN BE REVISED AS WE GO ALONG TO MAKE IT SAFE, FAIR, AND FUN FOR EVERYONE. THIS IS A WORK IN PROGRESS AND WE WILL WORK WITH YOU.

SAFETY GEAR...MANDATORY, NO EXCEPTIONS!!!!!!

HELMETS...FULL FACED OR MX STYLE WITH GOGGLES. NO OPEN FACED HELMETS!!!!!!

CLOTHING....LONG SLEEVE SHIRTS, LONG PANTS, GLOVES, BOOTS. RECOMMENDED MX RIDING GEAR; PANTS, SHIRT, CHEST PROTECTOR, KNEE & ELBOW GUARDS, MX BOOTS, IT'S FOR YOUR SAFETY!!!

FUEL.....RACE OR PUMP GAS ONLY.....NO ALCOHOL!!!!

MUST HAVE MINIMUM REAR BRAKE/OR CLUTCH BRAKE, FRAME, OR HANDLE BAR MOUNTED KILL SWITCH, CAN RUN IN CONJUNCTION WITH MOTOR KILL SWITCH.

MOTORS....PULL START ONLY, MINI BIKE, GO KART, LAWN EQUIPMENT STYLE.....YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN SO DON'T SHOW UP WITH AN ATV OR SNOWMOBILE MOTOR, ETC.

CLASSES
MINI BIKES....FRAMES MUST BE MANUFACTURED BASED

STOCK....UP TO 6.5 HP 212 CC, JETTING, PIPE, AIR FILTER, FLYWHEEL ALLOWED, NO INTERNAL MODS. WE WILL BE CHECKING!!!!!

MOD.......UP TO 6.5 HP BLOCK 212 CC, CAMS, VALVES, SPRINGS, RODS, CARB, INTAKE, EXHAUST, FLYWHEEL, PISTON.

TRIKES....FRAMES MUST BE MANUFACTURED BASED.

STOCK....UP TO 6.5 HP 212 CC, JETTING, PIPE, AIR FILTER, FLYWHEEL ALLOWED. NO INTERNAL MODS, WE WILL BE CHECKING!!!

MOD.......UP TO 8.0 HP BLOCK 301 CC, CAMS, VALVES, SPRINGS, RODS, CARB, INTAKE, EXHAUST, FLYWHEEL, PISTON.

OUTLAW..OVAL ONLY....HOME BUILT OR MODIFIED FRAMES...MUST BE SAFETY INSPECTED AND APPROVED BEFORE ALLOWED ON TRACK.

OUTLAW MOTORS........UP TO 13 HP 420CC (THIS MOTOR ONLY) NO INTERNAL MODS!!!! INTAKE, CARB, PIPE, AIR FILTER, FLYWHEEL ALLOWED.

UP TO 8 HP MOTORS, ( BLOCKS) UNLIMITED.

CLUTCHES....CRANKSHAFT, TORQUE CONVERTERS, JACK SHAFTS.

BUMP UP RULES....STOCK & MOD CLASS CAN BUMP UP TO MOD & OUTLAW; STOCK CAN ONLY BUMP UP TO MOD. MOD CAN BUMP UP TO OUTLAW BUT BOTH MUST BE APPROVED. OUTLAW & MOD CAN NOT RUN IN A LOWER CLASS.

ROOKIES WILL ONLY RUN IN STOCK CLASS UNTIL APPROVED TO RUN IN OTHER CLASSES.

TIRES...TRIKES NO REAR KNOBBIES, TURF SAVERS OR SIMILIAR, GOLF CART STYLE, MINIS A GOOD ROUNDED EDGE WORKS.

NO.......OFF ROAD DIRT BIKES OF ANY KIND, SO DON'T SHOW UP WITH A DIRT BIKE WITH A PULL START MOTOR. NOT...HAPPENING!!!!

NO.......RECKLESS RIDING IN THE PITS OR THE TRACK.

NO..... ALCOHOL CONSUMED DURING THE RACES, WHICH MEANS....NO BEER BREAKS, NO BEER, BOOZE, WINE, SHOTS, MOONSHINE, NOTHING!!!!!!! YOU WILL GET THE BOOT!!!!!

ANY MINI OR TRIKE DEEMED UNSAFE, WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO PARTICIPATE FOR SAFETY REASONS UNLESS SAID SAFETY ISSUES ARE REPAIRED, THIS IS DUE TO THE SAFETY OF YOURSELF, OTHERS AND INSURANCE POLICY.

ROOKIE RIDERS WILL BE OBSERVED IN PRACTICE BEFORE ENTERING A CLASS, THIS IS FOR YOUR SAFETY AND OTHERS.

NO... CHEATING OR PLAYING THE RULES GAME (IT DIDN'T SAY THIS IN THE RULES) THE RULES ARE PRETTY SIMPLE SO PLEASE FOLLOW THEM.

SAFETY TECH INSPECTION....YOU MUST PASS BEFORE ENTERING THE TRACK, ITS FOR YOUR SAFETY AND OTHERS.

TRACK SOUND LEVEL 98 DECIBEL

GATE AND RACE FEES

GATE $10.00 PER PERSON

RACES $30.00 PER CLASS

FLAT TRACK OVAL & TT COURSE

ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT THE RULES, SEE THE RULE MAKER

REMEMBER THIS IS TO BE SAFE, FAIR AND FUN.

Last edited:
Does anyone have any questions? Now is the time to ask about anything. Like it says may be revised so if something is missing or needs to be tweaked,speak up. Or if you just need clarification.

For each "race" there is a "heat race". So basically you are racing twice. The "heat race" determines the position you will be starting in for the "race". There are also "practice" laps prior to the "heat race" so if you need to do any final tuning you will be able to see how it runs before the "heat race".

Everyone will have plenty of practice time before heat races and the actual race you can race stock & mod mini bike, stock & mod trike and OUTLAW there are 5 classes, mini stock & mod,trike stock & mod and outlaw and 2 courses oval & TT the TT is a small layout in the middle of the oval it has a couple corners and a small jump you start on the oval come into the TT and go back on to the oval. enter the class you want to race in either the oval or TT or both oval & TT its $30. per class so you pick what class stock, mod or outlaw then pick the course oval, TT or both if you want so if you enter stock mini and race the oval its $30. same with the TT if you want to race both oval & TT its $60. enter as many classes as you want each class is $30 its a great time and most of us enter 2 classes or more
im sure Gumpit or Harleys Papa can post a vid so you get a better idea

Last edited:
Can I ask how many laps are the practice, heat, and "race" which I am taking to mean feature?

So is it like 10 lap practice, 15 lap heat, 25 lap feature? Something like that?

No. They are more like 6 laps. We are not the only ones racing. There are many heats and races of the dirt bike oval track racers in many classes. The last time we raced there were about 20 heats and 20 races. The practice laps are from about 3 o'clock for an hour or two. You basically line up and the starter lets you out in groups. We usually get out for a few practice laps of 5 or 6 laps each time.

Is my Toyoco with PW80 fork tubes and Honda rear shocks going to be ok??????????????

I believe so. The vintage style like this is ok. I think we are just trying to keep out the Hondas,Yamaha type stuff designed for dirt bike racing by major manufacturers. Minibike manufacturers should be good. After we get going and have enough racers we may need to run in different classes. No gears or shifting motors like the honda 50's or 70's etc. pull start only

Josh, my buddy Tony has a dozen trikes. He will have his brother,son and probably a friend of his and his son there riding trikes.i will have my trike another buddy of mine will come from time to time. Rich has one now,Randy(HP) and his friend Dave will have trikes,Dale has a trike.Peekster and his son will have their trikes.You and maybe Trinik will have one built by then. I may bring a third to loan out. And a lot of these people will also have mini bikes. As well as the new people not even mentioned...So you better bring your "A" game.....lol

trinik7597

i am not building any trikes !!! :laugh: but i am building a new bike for this year that should be ready in short order seeing how i have about 90% of the parts already :thumbsup:

My name is matt I have a mini bike but nowhere to ride it. I live in Woburn, MA. Im interested in joining the wachuesett riders club it sounds like a cool place to bring the bike and I want to know more about this club if you could help me out that would be great