mini bike & trike rules wachusett valley riders club winchendon ma.

Anyone racing trikes this summer?
How’s Gumpit doing?
Where’s Rich D?
Is Josh still fast as ever?
I hope everyone is well and or mending fast,
Inquiring minds want to know (and race)
I literally just came home from having surgery getting a kidney stone blasted. Next week I will reschedule my rotator cuff surgery again. They wouldn’t do it until my kidney stone issue was resolved. That will put me out for the season. I still plan on going to spectate at Japbike Mikes Rice O Rama in Sept. and whatever events come up.Rich is nursing an ankle in a cast/boot. Josh is fast... check with @Peekster to see what else is coming up.

joshua. c.

we havent had a single race at the track this season and I'm itching for a race. I know gumpit and rich are out but we have gotten over 12 trikes at the track in the past. so even without them racing we could still draw quite a crowd if we got the word out. by the way we never get that many people conversing hear so how do you contact them all?

we havent had a single race at the track this season and I'm itching for a race. I know gumpit and rich are out but we have gotten over 12 trikes at the track in the past. so even without them racing we could still draw quite a crowd if we got the word out. by the way we never get that many people conversing hear so how do you contact them all?
I know you don’t like Facebook but that’s where all the conversations happen. They are having a family fun day Sunday if you want to bring your buddies to ride minis around

joshua. c.

This Sunday I'm to busy my dad is coming over to help me on a home improvement project. I would need more warning than that., maybe I coold make the next one. shoold we try to get a group together for it?

This Sunday I'm to busy my dad is coming over to help me on a home improvement project. I would need more warning than that., maybe I coold make the next one. shoold we try to get a group together for it?
I’m out for the season with my rotator cuff. Reach out to Mini One,Peekster,Harley’s Papa.

joshua. c.

I just got back from the tompson raceway flee market an I brought home quite a hall. alot of tools 2, 10 inch wheels one rupp type one fox type but the best souvenir was a little orange fire breathing 206cc monster known for putting out 9hp out of the box and I found out it already has a billet rod installed and a cam from dyno cams. and a header with an RLV muffler I have wanted an briggs animal for years and this is the first one I've found at a reasonable price. It cost me allot less than a preditor by the way. I'm not sure yet if this is going on my new bike or one of the 2 trikes. I now have the parts to build another briggs engine very close to the way this one is built. so one of the trikes is getting a briggs.

on a different topic I figured out why my clutches keep messing up on my trike. the belt I'm using is to short and fails to disengage when I let off the throttle putting way to much stress on the driven when I let off and it back shifts. the belt was the freebe from last year I got from gumpit in order to finish a race and I remember thinking it looked to short. I'll buy a new one and that should fix it.

I'm still going to play with the torque converter light weight clutch basket on my mini bike and it should work perfectly once I get it to engage at the right speed. the only issue I had with it last time was It was engaging at way to high of an rpm so i bought springs that by the spring chart should engage it at 2800 rpm just below the rpm my trike and bike normally engage at. and if it works for my bike I'll try it on the trike.

I also have a few new ideas to try on the trike and with the new carb despite the clutch messing up its still allot faster than the last time we had a race at the track. I can't wait to see how fast it is with a properly working clutch.

joshua. c.

Hay guys looks like with how things are going we wont be seeing much of each other until next summer. so I thoght id check in and mention what I've been up to.

recently I've been working on my trike, so far I have new stronger valve springs the old ones were only 20 lbs and the new ones are 26 lbs, it should help some. and im thinking of swapping to a more aggressive cam and im going to remove the second un needed jack shaft from my trike soon. im also working on my bonanza project. its the bonanza full suspension big wheel model combined with an animal racing engine that has lots of goodies inside to make it even more insane. I also just recently got my mtd chugging for the first time with a temporary engine. (stock hs50).

so how have you guys been doing and what have you guys been up to? any new projects?

joshua. c.

nope not happening not until the coronavirus is long gone. and judging by estimates for the creation and testing of a vaccine we wont be doing anything this summer. just spend this time on some projects for next year.

joshua. c.

The sky is falling for some. The rest of us will be riding hell or high water...
the sky isn't falling for anyone, some people like me are just following the cdc godliness and doing our part to protect ourselves and the public to bring this virus threat to a close as fast as possible. failing to do so will just get more people sick if you want to ride thats fine just do it solo so you can properly social distance and do it safely. holding an event will only risk getting more people sick.

joshua. c.

just so wee are clear I already had a close call with the virus. a week after I left my old job my HR person at the old job was diagnosed with the virus. I had been in her office a week before to finalize my quitting. I had to self quarantine for the next week to be sure I didn't have it and I had been working a full week at my new job before I new she was sick. the HR person recovered by the way and I was fine. but this could happen to anyone and you woolden't know you had it until after you spread the virus to others.