Mini Moto Run Website

Mini Moto Run

Hey Charles and Ronald, it was cool to see you guys run with us. Damn your minis are faaaaaast! What happen to Ronalds mini? Didn't know he broke down. That was some adventure to travel that distance under the watchful eyes of all the LAPD and Highway Patrol cars we passed. Had a great time. Now it's my turn to come see one of your events. I was told to bring a diaper, just in case I have an accident. You know high speeds might loosen some things. Talk to you guys soon about building a mini for speed.
Ty aka Pasadena Boneshaker "The Official Winner of the SFV MINI MOTO CANNON BALL RUN" Ed :thefinger:

Last edited:

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
Man you guys are to cool. You and your nephew was the only ones to get all the stops.

Me and Ronald was going so fast I never seen the other guys any more after we made are first turn after the first block.

Ronald valve lash was growing as the motor was running. So what happen at first was the push rod came off the rocker. Then the he didn't tighten it good, so it came back loose again. Then it loosened up and the lash cap came off the valve stem and we couldn't find it. So we made it run without it. Then the rocker studs started coming loose, and the push rod guide plate got bent from all of this.

After all of this I just left him behind.

Then later that day I was racing in the alley on the same minibike.

Hey Charles and Ronald, it was cool to see you guys run with us. Damn your minis are faaaaaast! What happen to Ronalds mini? Didn't know he broke down. That was some adventure to travel that distance under the watchful eyes of all the LAPD and Highway Patrol cars we passed. Had a great time. Now it's my turn to come see one of your events. I was told to bring a diaper, just in case I have an accident. You know high speeds might loosen some things. Talk to you guys soon about building a mini for speed.
Ty aka Pasadena Boneshaker "The Official Winner of the SFV MINI MOTO CANNON BALL RUN" Ed :thefinger:
YEAH, GLAD I TOLD MY CAR CLUB MEMBERS TO KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR YOU,YOU OWE YOUR LIFE TO THE SLUT KING BROTHERS AND MIKE THE MOLE,MOLINA. WITHOUT THEM YOU STILL WOULD BE TRYING TO FIND THE 7-11 :confused:
EVIL ED,UNOFFICIAL MINIMOTO WINNER:thefinger:

Ed, Ed, Ed

Don't be bitter, be a loser. :001_tt2:I had my map with me, it was just easier to get help from your boys. I knew that would make you proud. :thumbsup: Don't worry you'll get a second chance at the trophy, you won't get it but it will be fun passing you again. Untill next time :thefinger: VIVA TEAM LOS CALZONES

Man That Was Fun!!!!!

Man you guys are to cool. You and your nephew was the only ones to get all the stops.

Me and Ronald was going so fast I never seen the other guys any more after we made are first turn after the first block.

Ronald valve lash was growing as the motor was running. So what happen at first was the push rod came off the rocker. Then the he didn't tighten it good, so it came back loose again. Then it loosened up and the lash cap came off the valve stem and we couldn't find it. So we made it run without it. Then the rocker studs started coming loose, and the push rod guide plate got bent from all of this.

After all of this I just left him behind.

Then later that day I was racing in the alley on the same minibike.
Charles you guys took off, I tried to keep up but I backed off because your bikes were soooo loud I figured all the attention will be on you guys. Then we can go around you. I saw you guys hit the Starbucks, actually I heard you guys first than I saw you. After that my nephew and I went on the hunt. We didn't think we had a chance but our minis came through, full throttle. no mechanical problems and no gas fill ups but a lot of cops! Can't wait to see you guys at Mansville.:thumbsup: Hope you guys run with us on the next one. Sorry about Ronalds bike, whats valve lash? Shows you how much I know about mini bike motors. But there sure fun riding them! TY

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
The valve lash is the distance between the rocker arm and valve stem top.

I could have won the race all by myself. But after all the motor problems my friend had, it put us way behind. But we were still in front of you guys, maybe a hour? But the places just wasn't opened yet. So I just said F**K it!, I'm just going to get to the finish line. 4 of the business wasn't open until later.

I ended up with only 3 receipts, plus the 4 break downs. The guys that finished before me didn't get any receipts. They just went from start to finish.

I think things would have been different if we would have started the race a hour or so later?

Mini Moto

Yeah, I think were all gonna put in a lot of ideas for the next one. Maybe have someone at every check point to hand out something so you can get it and go, but if it was like that this time you guys would have won. Or maybe not, Ronald broke down 3 times. I want to start putting some performance in my gx 160 but I don't want to step on anyones toes. Ronald wants me to bring my bike to him to build but I talk to you about all my mini bike stuff. Everytime someone said something about mini bikes, motors, sprockets, tires etc etc, at the run on Sunday or at Flames, you answered all the tech questions. Like I said I don't want to step on anyones toes but I like to start on my motor. The only guys I trust are you guys and JD. JD's having you work on his motor. I don't know what to do. :mad2::confused1:

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
I can do it, if you like. That's totally up to you.

I'm the one who showed Ronald how to build these little motors. But I'm still a little faster then him even with me biging bigger and having a 30 lb back pack on.

I was telling him to unshourd his valves about two weeks ago. But he didn't want to listen to me. So he has big valves on the walls, and mine are free to flow.

I don't have any more PZ22 carbs. But I do have a small gas tillotson carb. If you don't know what that is. It's the same carbs me and Ronald was using.

Hey Charles

I think your gonna have to go through the whole motor. After the race and I got it home, I took it out for a victory lap. It was idling real high and it wouldn't go down. Theres was also a funny grinding noise when it was off, and only when it rolls forward. No noise while rolling it backwards. :confused: I figured if I have to crack the case I might as well put in some hop up mods. I checked out that website NRRacing.com it's got some pretty cool performance stuff. What do you think?

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
They do have good stuff, it's just very expensive.

I don't know what it may be about the motor. I will have to check it out to really know what's up.

Shops

Charles, So where is your shop? I cruised by the Slauson address on the Icehouse website just to see where it was. Unfortunately I was in a rush to pick up my nephew. Ronald told me that his shop and your shop are to different places. His is in Westminister? Anyway, I don't want my motor too radical but how much you think Im gonna end up spending to double my GX 160 horse power, if I have you do it. I was just going to buy one of those hop up modes from NR Racing and try to put in myself, but I'm sure I would do something wrong or forget to put back something. Thanks for listening.:thumbsup:

Hey Pasadena
When are you guys going national? I would love to run in one of your events, but im alittle far. You guys are having some fun out in CA!

Josh

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
I haven't been up at the shop lately, because I have been working at another place. I'm having construction done to the shop. So it's best to just call me later in the day.

10-11hp sounds a bit radical to me:wink:

Don't worry you will still be able to pull start it and ride around like normal.

The first 3 kits I believe are really nothing. You need a aftermarket carb to wake your motor up. Those power number are for the GX200, not the GX160. You would make about 2hp less then what is posted.

Carb

Are you sure those horsepower numbers are for the 200? Then thats false advertising. The first section of the hop up mods say to the left "GX160" Stages 1 thru 4. Then the next section is for the 200's, Stages 1 thru 4. I'm confused:confused:
What type of carb do you recommend? I'd like to at least get 9hp out of the 160 on gas. Do you think it would still be dependable? Thanks Charles.

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
Yeah it would be dependable.

Sorry I didn't look at the top kits. NR is correct with those numbers. He has the GX160, and GX200 separate.

A Animal carb would work great for you.

Soapbox Race Tomorrow !!!

Hey Minidragbike
The car will be there tomorrow for Ronald to drive !!! Tell him to bring a helmet and some big balls, it should be good !!!
EVIL ED:smile: