Mini Push Mower Project

I think it will be cool to build this mini push mower so thats what im doing :laugh: Im using a little 2 stroke snowblower engine from an old snowblower and the deck is a lid from a smoker grille. It was too rounded on top for my liking so i cut it out and flipped it over to have a recess for the engine to sit down in. much like real mowers have. The deck is 16" round. So this is what iv got sofar. It should be an intresting build :thumbsup:

There was a specific intake made for that engine used on mowers, with an air governor.

I had a lauson powered mower with a 17 inch cut I found in a dumpster in the mid 80s.

It was a perfect trimmer so to speak.
I completely get what you are trying to do and why, wish I had a small mower now myself for all those hard to reach places.

This is darn close to what I think you are trying to build eh?
YUP good idea!

https://images.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=http%3A%2F%2Fimages1.americanlisted.com%2Fnlarge%2Frare-antique-power-products-push-mower-125-americanlisted_33557835.jpg&f=1

Last edited:
Yes Hayn made a small aluminum deck mower I thought they were pretty cool. This engine does have an air governer on it. Iv got to pull the shroud off and probrobly swap the coil because the plug wire has been cut off so ill check all that and clean it up while im in there

Seems I havnt been keeping the updates coming. As you can see the deck is almost done and i have a handle to put on it. I also got the blade adapted to the shaft and the muffler on the underside made. Even half way made the gas tank. Ill get more pics of that stuff. But its going really well and pretty soon this thing will be done. I think i may paint it the same color as my scooter so I might wait and do them both at the same time.

I like what I am seeing....

However if I could throw out a thought.
Since this is as much an art piece as anything functional is there any way to put a toothy grill on the front of it something that makes me think of a 50s Merc.
Maybe ( I know this is WAY out there ) tail fins?

Raise you hand if you want a lawn mower with tail fins guys!

And since the exhaust is above deck maybe something that ends in a fancy tip.

I Bet there are guys here who would offer to buy it when your done.

Last edited:
I like the way you think! I was thinking it doesnt really look like it will be jazd up enough. Ill definatly think about that more. maybe even put fenders on it. Youre right theres no sence going plain jane on it. The exhaust is actually below deck so no fancy there

I like the way you think! I was thinking it doesnt really look like it will be jazd up enough. Ill definatly think about that more. maybe even put fenders on it. Youre right theres no sence going plain jane on it. The exhaust is actually below deck so no fancy there
A grill with some smiling teeth, and you need something to attach the handle too, might as well be a set of tail fins.

Grand looking stuff man!

Photobucket isnt working but i made some fenders and they look awesome! Im going to put little bullet tail lights on the back of them with a bit of a fin. Its definately got the look. I hear ya about the grille. I think it will need something up front like a chrome bumper or grille. I dont want to overdue it though. Theres not much space to decorate with all the angles and curves but ill think of something. Also Im not sure if I should put the gas tank up infront of the engine or out back mounted on the handle. Anyhow ill post some pics as soon as I can

Thanks guys I did end up puting the tank in the rear it looks good. I ordered a second tail light because i only had one then i ended up using it on my scooter so I ordered another one and its on its way. Iv been working on the scooter so no new progress on this yet. Im thnking about a hood ornament. I have a little metal indian with a bow and arrow I might polish and put up front. Since its a Tecumseh and all. Then ill make some Indian head decals for the sides of the tank. Still thinking about it.