''Minibike Build Off" ARCO EZ Rider 2 Stroke

My pulley on the engine was the little 1-incher that came on the engine, and i used a belt-driven self-propelled push mower drive system as my driveline. the pulley on the drive system was a 2-inch, but it was geared down to like 8:1. believe it or not the pastic gear teeth inside the mower wheels held up to 50 MPH! I plan on rebuilding it.

Here are my new wheels I plan on welding that pipe shortened to the disk brake and sprocket to hold standard 1 3/8 bearings
[/IMG]

That's my new jackshaft welded to my frame. Next I got to find some forks. Put chains on it and mount my new tires since I found out that it would be hell trying to mount those pocket bike wheels. maybe I will try mounting them in the future

Found some forks on another Alexander Reynolds and bolted 4 inch wheels on it. I also put the rear chain on. Next I need to grind on the mounting plate so the front chain will work.

Actually I re-started it today! I made a new mounting plate which seemed to be my weak spot. It should be finished with no paint really soon. I quit on it after my first try on the mounting plate. Don't worry it should be running really soon. :hack:

YAY!! :clap:

i see that you mounted the engine using the bolts that hold on the base plate of the engine, that might be a weak spot. i have 3 of those snowblower-type 2-stroke engines and 1 is the exact one as that and i'm planning on making a new and improved go-kart with one. i might even hook the 2 identical engines to work together so i'll have a go-kart with 2 2-cycle engines on it! just think how loud that'll be!!!

Last edited:
Lookin Great!! (those welds on the other hand don't look too pretty, but they will hold.) now you wont have to worry about the engine not being supported enough! You have to get a video of it running once it comes around to it, i'm soo desperate to see how this works!