"Minibike build off" heathkit Boonie Trike

KB2ROCKET

I will be running a hydraulic disc brake as soon as I fab a bracket
I would like to add that it would be alot easyer to attach the axle bearings if you used a 2 bolt flangette
the 3 bolt was difficult

jeep4me

Now it makes sense. I couldn't figure out how you were going to attach the axle. Great idea, this trike has great ideas all over it. Very nice. I guess you really are a rocket man.:thumbsup:I'm sure I'll be referring back to this thread time and time again. Keep up the good work and keep posting those pics.

KB2ROCKET

site updated again 01/01/08 to show the inboard disc brake setup
it wouldnt be to hard to flip this setup and make it outboard for a standard 2 wheel bike
happy new year

KB2ROCKET

I have been looking forward to today for a while now Today is the day I get to work on the boonie project
so about 4 1/2 hours into it I finished the rear fenders
so I steped back to admire my work
and I come to the conclusion that (I HATE it!) so I bashed it to bits with a hammer
and came inside to rethink a better way next time

KB2ROCKET

it looks like I will have everything ready for May except the clutch my plan was to use a Duster 94c clutch but Not with a chassis mounted jackshaft
the plan was to fabracate a heavy duty TAV30 style unit that bolts to the engine only using a duster 94c drive and driven clutch and is self contained as a compact unit that can handle 30hp
but I cannot afford the parts at this time
I will submitt pictures anyways just so you can see what has been done
good luck to all the minibike craftsmen