minibike fairing?

moetrout

Anyone here ever make their own fairing? I'm talking light weight purpose built, not just for looks. This is for a Motovox minibike if that matters. Do you think a pocket bike front fairing would fit?

Last edited:

moetrout

After much searching wondering if a pocket bike fairing would fit my minibike I gave up. I then realized I wanted something for a number plate and dial in time at the track. This is what I came up with this weekend. Light weight and maybe helps airflow? I am using an idea from my wife to paint it with chalkboard paint, flat black will look good and I can write my numbers on it.

markus

I did the chalkboard paint on a fork plate a few years ago so i could write stuff on it, it was a powerdyne and the fork plates just snap on and off the forks on those so I just sprayed the plate with it. Worked alright :thumbsup:

Last edited:
20180411_153715 (1).jpg

Good topic, moetrout. I'm in the process of fairing-making like you.
BMI had a close-out on motorcycle stuff so I am beginning with a with
a windshield. How will you cut your plexiglass/ fairing? I'm gonna try scoring it deeply enough
for a clean break but might have to cut it with a dremel tool, just thinking out loud. Will follow
your progress first.

markus

Thanks markus! I was kind of wondering if the paint would be brittle and flake off. I guess I can always respray it if that happens.
I cant attest to how its holding up on the bike since it got sold off, but I refreshed an old Metal Tecumseh engines advertising chalkboard from the 70's at the same time (why I had the paint on hand) and I use it regularly for the past few years in the garage to keep notes on. Its not in the sun but as far as taking regular use and holding up to cleaners like simple green etc.. its help up nice with regular chalk. It was the spray paint based chalkboard paint.

After much searching wondering if a pocket bike fairing would fit my minibike I gave up. I then realized I wanted something for a number plate and dial in time at the track. This is what I came up with this weekend. Light weight and maybe helps airflow? I am using an idea from my wife to paint it with chalkboard paint, flat black will look good and I can write my numbers on it.
Love the skull..a couple of small red light for eyes w b awsum..:laugh:

Raskin,

I've been thinking about making my own LED tail light. If I do then the Skull is getting red LED eyes! I think it would look badass racing at night.