Minibike network

There are times that we all come across a mini that we may not recognize or need or want. The price may be too high or we may just want a second opinion.But we may know someone who might want it. I am not talking about on Craigslist or Ebay. I am sure we all forward those links already to the people we think may be interested more than us. I am talking about walking through a swapmeet,yardsale,neighbor,someone approaches you.etc. I propose if you have a cellphone that can receive pics and you would want to be contacted by anyone in "the network" when they come across a mini that they find that either they think someone else might want or even just want an opinion on.Like if certain parts are original, what it might be worth (yes value), if the persons asking price is a good deal,a steal or a pass. Year. Or whatever.... You would simply take pics,text to members of your "network" and either ask any questions or post what the person wants and if anyone is interested. Of course this would have to be a close knit "network" with people willing to "front" the money to buy. With the understanding the person doing the legwork would be reimbursed immediately with Paypal or whatever arrangments you work out... And also the person picking it up would be willing to hold it for as long as it would take to arrange shipping on the buyers dime,pick up or meet up somewhere to hand over.... Just a thought. Then we can work on getting a state to state relay network up and running next.
Examples would be if I had Ogy and Buckeye in my network and came across a Fox or CHatten with a Heald an all original rare bike for KustomKart or a TomThumb for Manchester. But all in the Network would get the text.

Last edited:
That could work. I posted a C/L find today and a member I've dealt with & met showed interest. I immediately PM'd him to offer picking it up for him since he's about 6 hrs away. I'd be in for sure. I travel a bit with my job & for fun so helping transport one too I could help out on.
This idea,,for serious members could be a real $$ money saver too.

When I was in Nebraska I ended up bringing back 2 trikes and a mini for other people. I have found minis that ended going to Windber and Nj Hot Dog hut to be picked up.... I am sure the day will come when I come across some rare chain guards or Cat brake set ups or a Dellorto throttle and have to pass them up because I dont need them.

Hello Folks,

Randy, I think this is a good idea. I've not seen much lately, but they are kinda like grapes, and seem to come in bunches.

Here's a good example of where this would come in handy: There's a fellow between here and my Mom's town, in a town called Kershaw SC....that I pass w/in 30 or 40 miles of, every few weeks. He advertises 'mini bikes' on craigslist. From the looks of his pic's, it looks like he owns a mini bike junkyard, or some kinda junkyard'...anyway, sometimes he'll have 10 or more pictures of various mini bikes on one posting (with Junk all behind them)...Mostly frames, but I've seen (frames of) Bird's, Heathkits, Rupps, Sensations, etc. I keep planning to go by there, but have not seen anything I could not do without (yet) in his pics (got too many of my own that need fixin' :laugh: ). I have though, been iching for a reason to go by there. If I knew I had a 'direct link' to other folks that may be interested, (and would possibly be buying for more than just me), then this would be a good reason to ride on over there and take a look.

So yes, if you get something going, I'd like to be part of it :thumbsup: .

Last edited:

Hent

If I were to do it, I'd make a thread on here that is an on-going, dynamic page of deals or opportunities you don't want, and someone else might and subscribe to it via e-mail (if you're that interested) - if you can text, you likely can get e-mail and/or also reply via PM on OldMiniBikes.com

At that point, you have many more members looking at it which can make travel and storage logistics much easier. If it's such a good deal and you want only to pass it on to a buddy, PM it to him!

Sorting who likes what is also a pain in the ass. Some people are known for their style of hoarding, and others just can't pass up a good deal.

Right on Hent ! This sounds great. Between Windber,summer vacations ect. the "underground express" could move some mini's around the country.
I know several members who complain there just isn't much available in their neck of the woods,whereas the Midwest holds a high number. Of these many are very affordable .

I was just thinking when you are at a swapmeet and you have your hand on an item trying to get immediate responses. I can speak and text with one hand. By the time I log in and post and wait for a response the guy standing behind me would be pulling out his wallet and paying the seller. I think an ongoing thread would be good but there are very few members I would front the money for in the response of a thread. I would hate to have Minibike Paul under an alias respond and then get stuck with something I didn't want. I guess We can PM each other in the meantime. And swap phone numbers.

I was just thinking when you are at a swapmeet and you have your hand on an item trying to get immediate responses. I can speak and text with one hand. By the time I log in and post and wait for a response the guy standing behind me would be pulling out his wallet and paying the seller. I think an ongoing thread would be good but there are very few members I would front the money for in the response of a thread. I would hate to have Minibike Paul under an alias respond and then get stuck with something I didn't want. I guess We can PM each other in the meantime. And swap phone numbers.
Again...we need a "like" button :thumbsup: