Minibike racing @ Inland Motorcycle Speedway

Inland Motorcycle Speedway Information

Okay here is the deal with the vintage minibikes(pull rope start and single speed) and IMS, I just got off the phone with the promoter and we are finally invited back with our "vintage pull rope start minibikes"!

If some of you remember we raced out there like around year ago and had a great time! you can enter to race either the flat track, TT or both.

BUT they must have at least four riders to make class or you,ll race with the bigger crf100 type bikes! I know tonight's too much of a last minute deal but if you and three others can make it do it! But we can try and make the next scheduled races?

Here is the info he just gave me besides whats on the above site- Gates open at 6pm, Practice starts at 7:30pm, Races start at 8pm.

Entry fee is $25.00 for one of the races(whether it be the flat track or TT) and if you want to race another type of race its a extra $15.00. so if you want to race both Flat track and TT it will be a total of $40.00.

Please try to email me if you can make it out there tonight? and the other races in the future so I can keep track how many and relay it back to you so your not the only one showing up!

Thanks,Rodney

Smallbore

OK I`m back from the races, so first things first......
Here is a group photo of all the old school pull start minibikes:

Ohhh Wait a minute ! Wheres the minibikes :confused: Well... thats what I was asking myself at the Inland Motorcycle Speedway. The event that was advertised as Minibike Racing/TT & Flat Track
There were mini cycles, but not a pull start bike to be found anywhere.
:doah:

IMS minibike racing

I have told you guys over and over, that when they say minibike in today's modern world they "the modern motorcycle industry" DOES NOT mean what we consider minibikes/vintage minibikes! they consider any thing smaller then a motorcycle a minibike. what they consider minibikes we consider minicycles! Most common size for a modern minicycle = 14" or 16" rear wheel, 17" or 19" front wheel and a transmission. example- Honda xr/crf100, Kawasaki klx125, Suzuki drz125, Yamaha tt125 and so on.
And then there's the modern pit bike they also consider a minibike, they wheel sizes varying from a 10" to 14" but have transmissions, tons of modern type suspension and modern type disc brakes, so the are also not vintage type minibikes!

So almost any time you read a advertised "minibike event" its pretty much going to be "minicycles" unless one of the vintage minibike community has it advertised!

We will get back out there soon with enough riders to actually start a race, it was just a little late for last night,but maybe in the future we,ll all get our stock motor minibikes going for the new stock class along with the crazy fast modified class!

Thanks Smallbore for taking the time to go out and check it out for us!

IMS minibike racing

I talked to a couple people who raced out at IMS last night and they said they started a little later then usual but they did race with a couple different class divisions for the minicycles,in both the TT and Flat track!

I guess you should had stayed around Smallbore? you probably made the early practice?

IMS minibike racing

What are the dates for these races?
July 28th
But please check out the IMS web site listed above.

And in the future lets try to communicate on who's racing or not so we have enough vintage minibikes for our own race? remember IMS says there must be four vintage minibikes to make a class to race, or you,ll have to race with the modern minicycles if you still want to race that night!

IMS minibike racing

Thats no ordinary minibike with a certificate clutch! you cant pop wheelies like that unless you have a manual clutch or at least a tranny! probably has a Honda 50cc motor in it?

IMS minibike racing

IMS flat track and TT racing again July 28th and so far Big Al ,Dave, Martin and Weston are going. race what brung! xr100's or any other modern or vintage minicycle and minibikes. we,ll try to get enough for the new stock class? but its all just for fun so bring any thing? even vintage dunecycles?

IMS minibike racing

I got the hole shot on my vintage 1974 Kawasaki 90cc minicycle against all modern minicycles, the track was perfect with great dirt and it was lots of fun cant wait to back! we,ll be doing the stock vintage minibike class next time!