Minibike running wrong not going faster

I have a predator 212 with a billet flywheel, a billet rod +.020 3.328, mod 2 cheater cam, 26mm nibbi carburetor 115 main jet, auto lite racing spark ar3910x plug, header exhaust, 26lb valve springs, and 10 clutch to 36 sprocket gearing, I have a monster moto mm-b80, the max I was able to achieve on a bus lane holding throttle for atleast 30 seconds on max it acts like it has a rev limiter sort of I don’t know what’s going on because it’s only going 60mph but other predator 212 stage 1 builds go 60mph I really want to know the fix as I am extremely nervous I spent all this money just to go 60mph when I take the chain off and start it up and rev to max it revs but then takes to dips down rpm’s a little I can take a video I just want to know how to fix it.

What rpm are you turning at 60 mph? What is your rear tire diameter?
I’m sorry I don’t know how to calculate my rpm’s I’m only in the basics of tuning and building not into the math of it yet and my rear tire measurements are 145/70/-6 they came very skinny tires the last pair I had were a lot wider and I’m running 4 maybe 5 psi on the back and around 9 psi on the front from 70% throttle to 100% there is no difference it doesn’t pull more and it doesnt rev up higher

Without a tach and knowing what your rpm is I can only guess. The 145 tire is 14.5 “ tall. The 10 tooth clutch and 36 tooth rear sprocket is a 3.6 to 1 ratio. The mods you did increase the rpms where the engine makes power and your gearing is preventing the engine from getting there. You should start at a 6 to 1 ratio but you need a tach to understand what is going on.you should never free rev the engine unless you want to see it explode.

Without a tach and knowing what your rpm is I can only guess. The 145 tire is 14.5 “ tall. The 10 tooth clutch and 36 tooth rear sprocket is a 3.6 to 1 ratio. The mods you did increase the rpms where the engine makes power and your gearing is preventing the engine from getting there. You should start at a 6 to 1 ratio but you need a tach to understand what is going on.you should never free rev the engine unless you want to see it explode.
Ok I’m going to order a tach and install and then change my gearing and if it’s any concern i took off the chain and revved it and it sounded as if an lo206 rev limiter was hitting it kind of like a tiny drop in rpm’s and then back up again in the same split second

my rear tire measurements are 145/70/-6
That is the size designation, not measurements.
The 145 tire is 14.5 “ tall.
145/70-6
145 is section width in millimeters (145 mm = 5.71 in)
70 is aspect ratio in percentage (section height is 70% of section width)
145 x .70 = 101.5 (101.5 mm section height)
101.5 x 2 = 203
203 mm = 7.99 in
7.99 + 6 = 13.99" OD (tires vary and often don't match their designated size; it's best to measure the actual OD)

I agree with Ole, your gearing is way off; you need a much larger rear sprocket or a jackshaft.

JMO as an old fart who learned a long time ago that broken bones and 3rd degree road rash really suck, 60mph on something designed for a max of 23mph is too damn fast, especially on public roads. Get a motorcycle and proper riding gear.

That is the size designation, not measurements.

145/70-6
145 is section width in millimeters (145 mm = 5.71 in)
70 is aspect ratio in percentage (section height is 70% of section width)
145 x .70 = 101.5 (101.5 mm section height)
101.5 x 2 = 203
203 mm = 7.99 in
7.99 + 6 = 13.99" OD (tires vary and often don't match their designated size; it's best to measure the actual OD)
I did not know how to calculate that. I just went online and looked at that size tire then looked for one that listed tire diameter and it said 14.5 "

SAS289

I agree with Ole, your gearing is way off; you need a much larger rear sprocket or a jackshaft.

JMO as an old fart who learned a long time ago that broken bones and 3rd degree road rash really suck, 60mph on something designed for a max of 23mph is too damn fast, especially on public roads. Get a motorcycle and proper riding gear.
That's nothing. Some of these kids are doing engine builds and using around 4.5/1 gearing. They are finding a long straight piece of road and are doing 70-80 MPH runs.

Maybe it's just me but when I was younger I would have still built for a nice low end. Top speed isn't important to me.

That's nothing. Some of these kids are doing engine builds and using around 4.5/1 gearing. They are finding a long straight piece of road and are doing 70-80 MPH runs.

Maybe it's just me but when I was younger I would have still built for a nice low end. Top speed isn't important to me.
Yes I don’t think it’s my gearing that’s bad because many people I know say they grab a mikuni and a header and 3.6:1 ratio and they clock out at 70-75mph I might try going for a 4.8:1 ratio and see what goes well the tachometer is also ok it’s way I’m going to see how much my predator tops out at with and without the chain and see if it’s power loss or there’s a different problem that may be restricting me any further from reaching that 70-80mph mark

Yes I don’t think it’s my gearing that’s bad because many people I know say they grab a mikuni and a header and 3.6:1 ratio and they clock out at 70-75mph I might try going for a 4.8:1 ratio and see what goes well the tachometer is also ok it’s way I’m going to see how much my predator tops out at with and without the chain and see if it’s power loss or there’s a different problem that may be restricting me any further from reaching that 70-80mph mark
Between that cam, gear ratio and stock clutch stall speed its going to be a pig. Just my .02....

Can't imagine doing 60 on a mini let alone 70 or 80, JEEZ !

Do you also think arc racing 26lb white valve springs would be ok or maybe the fix? I saw someone else in here that said they had the same problem at me but then they bought valve shims but I don’t have that much money to be spending so I’m wondering if I can use the white 26lb valve springs with stock valves and retainers?

I use my minibike for both going fast is fun and I Mmmm wheeling every chance I get it’s really fun learning new tricks while wheeling on the minibike foot over frame, standing on the seat, 12:00 o’clock wheelies, it’s just fun tk dk wheelies on them

I have my helmet and am very cautious and unfortunately I don’t have the money to get a proper motorcycle but I have a minibike that’s good enough for me and it’s pretty sturdy and never breaks down

Do you also think arc racing 26lb white valve springs would be ok or maybe the fix? I saw someone else in here that said they had the same problem at me but then they bought valve shims but I don’t have that much money to be spending so I’m wondering if I can use the white 26lb valve springs with stock valves and retainers?
Your first post said you had 26 LB springs. Can you tell us what exactly is modified in this motor?