Minibike with Sidecar

Hi, new member here. Built my first minibike from scratch in 1960. Used thin wall electrical conduit tubing and a gas welding setup. My friend, John and I learned how to blow through tubing during most welds, how to warp a solid steel sprocket using a gas welder and overall how to have a fun summer building one. If I can find any pictures, I will post them. Here is a minibike and sidecar I made about five years ago. Don't know if it qualifies for this web site, since it is not a real old mini, but thought you might like to see it. Started with an Azuza frame, modified. Honda GC160 engine, Comet variable speed transmission, flotation tires. Sidecar made from 7/8" steel tubing and aluminum diamond plate. Articulated mounting so leaning bike does not require sidecar to lean. Kid's pedal car donated the airplane body, and my wife let me borrow the furry passenger. Doing some mods to engine now. Hope you enjoy it. Thank you.

Attachments

Lizardking

Welcome, and yes that Azusa with sweet sidecar qualifies..

Lots of great information and great people can be found here.

Thanks, I enjoyed the picture. More would be nice though.

I74

Hi, new member here. Built my first minibike from scratch in 1960. Used thin wall electrical conduit tubing and a gas welding setup. My friend, John and I learned how to blow through tubing during most welds, how to warp a solid steel sprocket using a gas welder and overall how to have a fun summer building one. If I can find any pictures, I will post them. Here is a minibike and sidecar I made about five years ago. Don't know if it qualifies for this web site, since it is not a real old mini, but thought you might like to see it. Started with an Azuza frame, modified. Honda GC160 engine, Comet variable speed transmission, flotation tires. Sidecar made from 7/8" steel tubing and aluminum diamond plate. Articulated mounting so leaning bike does not require sidecar to lean. Kid's pedal car donated the airplane body, and my wife let me borrow the furry passenger. Doing some mods to engine now. Hope you enjoy it. Thank you.

''Very cool'' !! :)