mm80 build

delray

john i seen someone on Facebook selling a weld on rear axle mount that moves it back just little more and a longer off set (don't want that) with just little more wheelbase with the 10-inch tires it might allow the bike to roll easier in the corners and not throw the driver off the bike.

john i seen someone on Facebook selling a weld on rear axle mount that moves it back just little more and a longer off set (don't want that) with just little more wheelbase with the 10-inch tires it might allow the bike to roll easier in the corners and not throw the driver off the bike.
Thanks delray, after I get it together I’m going to look and see where I want to put the rear wheel. Right now I’m looking for someone to build a sprocket adapter the the z50 hub.

Need a lathe john... Lol
Just the thing I’m doing tomorrow. The MC shop at work has a mini mill lathe combo sitting in the warehouse. I’m taking the fork lift and setting it up. Then I can do spacers and the like. Talked to a buddy with a cnc machine and he is willing to write a cad program for the adapter. I ordered a brake disc and have to figure out the mounting of a caliper then she should be ready to try it out.

The center exit header was too tall for the bike but it is the look I prefer. I chopped it at the weld where the second stage starts and played with how much I needed to take out. I have about 1.5 inches clearance under the seat where I will also put a heat shield. While the header is being fitted I ported it to match the head and gasket. It won’t make any noticeable change in power but why not do it while it’s apart.

Mounted up the sprocket adapter and now I’m waiting on the split sprockets to arrive.

99FD6D7B-4DB5-4100-8AD1-60571B4B8D96.jpeg 6FB9B79A-762A-4426-BE41-4D0248D43FF2.jpeg F3B3EB86-9EAA-42B5-B655-4FCF6A48BB20.jpeg B3D806F4-B72D-45FF-80AA-4E5040477B58.jpeg 1D648F2D-AD2B-464B-A518-4DB2EE2499FD.jpeg

Attachments

I set out to stretch the frame, which is a easy peasy few hour job. Only this is the first mini bike chop I’ve done. I was not prepared for how out of alignment these frames are. I set it up like the dyna I chopped, only thing is everything I checked was off in different directions. After a lot of measuring and leveling I decided there was only a couple of important areas. The axle needs to be aligned with the motor plate and the wheel needed to run down the middle of the frame....ish. Ish cause the frame isn’t that straight to begins with so I try to line it with the front wheel knowing the frame neck is off a bit. I finally settled on an alignment and tacked it together then double checked and layed the bead down. Ended up with 25* rake and 4.5” of trail. While I was at it I trimmed about a 1/4 of the clutch guard off and put a heat shield under the seat. I now understand why people build their own frames.

2EA61FF9-0272-4451-9D41-B639999EE54D.jpeg EE8F979F-3E44-465A-B2BC-31705F62685C.jpeg