MM80 replacement engine choice?

Hey everyone, the grandkids have put enough hours on the stock 79cc Lifan that it’s replacement time. I’m buying the HRM jackshaft kit, so the four bolt output side mount is a must. No engine upgrades are expected until they are big enough for a hemi powered bike.
Once they are too big for the bike, I’ll pull the trigger on the new design street tires for it. Then it will get donated to the Clown Team fleet.

Carroll Stream?
Lifan USA?
Predator?
Thanks in advance,
Steve

Hey everyone, the grandkids have put enough hours on the stock 79cc Lifan that it’s replacement time. I’m buying the HRM jackshaft kit, so the four bolt output side mount is a must. No engine upgrades are expected until they are big enough for a hemi powered bike.
Once they are too big for the bike, I’ll pull the trigger on the new design street tires for it. Then it will get donated to the Clown Team fleet.

Carroll Stream?
Lifan USA?
Predator?
Thanks in advance,
Steve
did you ever replace this?i have had great service with these little motors.would you be interested in getting rid of the old motor?

did you ever replace this?i have had great service with these little motors.would you be interested in getting rid of the old motor?
Yup, just received the new Lifan yesterday. The HRM jackshaft kit is due today.
My plan is to re-build the old Lifan. If that changes I can PM you, thanks for the reply.

Did you ever wonder who "Lee Fawn" really was? Probably not one of the 8 year old girls working the assembly line, but perhaps the daughter of one of the owners of the companies stealing intellectual property from Honda while spewing out toxic chemicals into the air. Yin Mingshan owns the company, is 80 years old, and has two children. He began his career building motorcycles, and despite his CV touting him as being a self made man, no business in China survives without government cash. He's down to 300 and something on Forbes list- only worth about 1B now.

Or, you could use a restored Briggs 3 HP flat head. LMAO!

Did you ever wonder who "Lee Fawn" really was? Probably not one of the 8 year old girls working the assembly line, but perhaps the daughter of one of the owners of the companies stealing intellectual property from Honda while spewing out toxic chemicals into the air. Yin Mingshan owns the company, is 80 years old, and has two children. He began his career building motorcycles, and despite his CV touting him as being a self made man, no business in China survives without government cash. He's down to 300 and something on Forbes list- only worth about 1B now.

BDC3CCEB-3840-4E3F-836E-70F3440B34D9.jpeg C2E89801-A1BA-4589-942B-D1A81857D705.jpeg 446FB5E7-D580-4638-B665-FE215605E609.jpeg 1A0B375C-43E5-42F4-B59F-1F14B2F2D644.jpeg 2465154A-15DD-4CE4-8622-0B13D9EE8F80.jpeg You are spot-on, it’s a bitter pill. Somethings gotta give until I can get ahead on several other flat head builds. The HS50 is planned for the Monster Moto. The H40 for the Ken-Bar Whirlwind. And I’ve got 5 other engines at Clown Central that need re-builds. It’s parade season and I need to get em running. The tiller brake system and the Eshelman hitch are giving us fits.
I guess I forgot how busy you can get during the bad snowmobiling months...

You are spot-on, it’s a bitter pill.
:) having some fun with it Steve. I've been to China, know Chinese people, have a spouse who speaks Mandarin; I read all 800 pages of the TPP, and now lament ever having said a bad thing about copied engines from China- relegating myself forever into the slow, gutless, world of L head obsolescence.

The entire parade thing gives your hobby purpose that outstrips my own end result of feverish and expensive work, followed by sober, solo stares at covered bikes, wondering if I should sell it, or force it upon yet another family member.

View attachment 247063 View attachment 247064 View attachment 247065 View attachment 247066 View attachment 247068 You are spot-on, it’s a bitter pill. Somethings gotta give until I can get ahead on several other flat head builds. The HS50 is planned for the Monster Moto. The H40 for the Ken-Bar Whirlwind. And I’ve got 5 other engines at clown central that need re-builds. It’s parade season and I need to get em running now. We wanted to have the tiller ladder truck ready for fireman’s field day next month but the brake set-up is giving us fits. Plus I don’t have the hitch built for the Eshelman/ ladder truck tractor yet. Suddenly, everyone wants a running bike.