Mmb212 power issues

Hi all,
My mmb212 has had a loss of power for a while. While it used to quickly rev and easily spin out a bunch before gaining speed it now barely leaves a deep track in the dirt and slowly gains speed. I'm just wondering if maybe its the belt? or carburetor maybe?? How do I tell if the belt is done for? When I go from 0 to full throttle it sorta bogs down. Not having the quick revving it did before.

Suggestions?

@Charles S, @I74,

Hard to say, check the basics, air filter, fuel filter, jets, spark plug, clean/inspect/lube CVT...

shoulder_shrug.jpg

You could remove the belt and see if the engine revs freely. I think a visual inspection should give you an idea of the belt's condition, look for cracks, fraying, any signs of wear. If it's the original belt, I imagine it may be due for replacement; a young guy like you could probably wear it out in the six months you've had the bike. ;)

I'm no expert on these small engines or CVTs/TAVs but there are some experts on here who could be more helpful.

FYI: The notification didn't work, that may have been due to the comma; I think you need to leave a space after the username.

Hard to say, check the basics, air filter, fuel filter, jets, spark plug, clean/inspect/lube CVT...

View attachment 252658

You could remove the belt and see if the engine revs freely. I think a visual inspection should give you an idea of the belt's condition, look for cracks, fraying, any signs of wear. If it's the original belt, I imagine it may be due for replacement; a young guy like you could probably wear it out in the six months you've had the bike. ;)

I'm no expert on these small engines or CVTs/TAVs but there are some experts on here who could be more helpful.

FYI: The notification didn't work, that may have been due to the comma; I think you need to leave a space after the username.
Done air filter. Doesn't have a fuel filter except the one in the gas tank, Spark plug is ngk and works great. JETS? like carb jets? I was thinking of just getting a new carb since the one on it is REALLY old. The cvt was just cleaned and lubed not too long ago.

Ok ill do that. The belt looks just fine besides starting to fray on the outside edge.

I was thinking the same thing. And with it not being a good belt anyway.... its probably dead. Im pretty hard on it. No easy riding for me.

You've only had the bike for six months, did you replace the original carb with an old one? If so, did the engine lose power about the same time?
The original carb got dirty and I switched it out with a predator 212 I have on my pressure washer that's probably a 6 or 7 years old. So I really might just need a new one.

You could clean the OEM carb. If you have added a header and/or a low restriction air filter, you probably need to rejet.
It's all stock right now. Considering that the stock carb is so old I might as well replace it. I saw in this thread Rapidrob posted a link of a predator carb that had an adjustable jet. Would that be better than the stock non adjustable one?