Modifying 30 tc?

I just put a 30 series TC on my CT200U And I also put a 60t rear sprocket on it. It really seems that the torque converter is climbing too fast because now even going down a blacktop road it will not go fast enough to hit the governor anymore and now it only goes about less than 30 miles an hour top speed. It has gobs of power down low so I don’t want to put a smaller rear sprocket on it.

Are there any good threads on tuning torque converter’s?

I’d like it to climb slower on the top end but I like the engagement off of idle.

Well I found some more information on how to make adjustments to the store converters so I took mine apart in my driven has a red spring on it and I tried moving it the third hole to have the most amount of tension but it still won’t wind out and RPMs even going down a blacktop road.

So if I have the red spring at the tightest setting that makes the driven side of the pulley climb slower and help the RPMs go higher on the top and correct?

So which brings do I order that will be stiffer to allow my RPMs to climb faster and easier on the top end?

What is your gear ratio? Tuning the converter optimizes the shifting from low to final overdrive as well as driver engagement. Once in overdrive is your gearing is too low the engine will be overloaded and will be dragged down. What is front and rear sprocket toothcount.

What is your gear ratio? Tuning the converter optimizes the shifting from low to final overdrive as well as driver engagement. Once in overdrive is your gearing is too low the engine will be overloaded and will be dragged down. What is front and rear sprocket toothcount.
I believe the stock Chinese 30 series tc is 10tooth and i put a 60tooth rear sprocket on it so 10t & 60t.

Not sure of the tire diameter but that seems in the ballpark. What is your tire diameter if you know it or the tire size? What was the other rear sprocket you have?

Not sure of the tire diameter but that seems in the ballpark. What is your tire diameter if you know it or the tire size? What was the other rear sprocket you have?
Stock looks to be a 19 7-8 tire and the stock rear sprocket was a 52t.

Well I tried everything with the stock red spring and I’m going to have to go with a stiffer spring on the driven.

Where is a good place to buy a stiffer spring for the driven And are there a couple different spring rates that I can try to tune it the way I want?