Moe's Motovox drag mini.

what front wheel and rear wheel are you using, and do you get much if any vibration. I am doing kind of the same type build with my son. im new to the mini bike world as well. any info would be appreciated.

Put a new Cat Eye tire on this weekend. Looks SWEET! No more golf cart tire for me! At first glance I didn't think I was going to get it on there. With an extra set of hands it was no issue.

I'll post a pic later. Still need to redo my chain tensioner, chain keeps coming off. Hope to get that done this week.

Lol........ tire looks sweet bro... how does it ride...

Sent from my SM-J327T1 using Tapatalk
Haven't really had it out yet. I am fighting problems with my chain tensioner throwing the chain. Right now it's misaligned. I am going to make a new spacer for it tonight to get it lined up properly. Hopefully that solves my issues. Going to take it to the local car show in Milan tomorrow to show it off.

Oic... hopefully you get it back right.... gotta a couple checks coming this week to play wit... time for my motor upgrade.. called Tim, ( Randy' s son)bout the cruise last sat. No get back.... be on it this fri.

Sent from my SM-J327T1 using Tapatalk

Getting ready to make some updates to the drag mini bike. I raced it at the end of last year and the bike got really loose at half track (1/8 mile drag). and I would have to get off it. I even tried to ride through it, but could not. I found the scooter tire I put on there is not very "round" and seems to have a high spot. I did try re-seating the tire several times with no luck. My opinion is it is a cheap POS chinese tire. So upgrades are new Maxxis HT3 blues slick, steering stabilizer, and to make things a bit easier a proper kick stand (aluminum, from an old bike). I hope to take it back out to Milan Dragway on September 28th and see if I can't finally get it down the track without any problems.

1568296608058.png 1568296812149.png

Getting ready to make some updates to the drag mini bike. I raced it at the end of last year and the bike got really loose at half track (1/8 mile drag). and I would have to get off it. I even tried to ride through it, but could not. I found the scooter tire I put on there is not very "round" and seems to have a high spot. I did try re-seating the tire several times with no luck. My opinion is it is a cheap POS chinese tire. So upgrades are new Maxxis HT3 blues slick, steering stabilizer, and to make things a bit easier a proper kick stand (aluminum, from an old bike). I hope to take it back out to Milan Dragway on September 28th and see if I can't finally get it down the track without any problems.

View attachment 249449 View attachment 249451
Are you referring to Friday the 27th @ 5:00 for the Detroithoodtv-PYOP?

I bought a new slick on a whim, even after Eric told me not to go too small and now I maybe regret it. I will need to regear to get any real speed out of it. Put in an order for a new max torque 15T clutch, just so I will have options on changing the gear. Interesting, I bought it on ebay, sold by OldMiniBikes and paid no shippping!!! It was the same price as on their website. On the flip side it takes off really hard now with the smaller tire! I hope this helps some with the bike getting loose on the track. Next up is to install the steering stabilizer. I also have some LED lighting I hope to dress it up with.

Attachments

This Saturday is a Super Saturday race out at Milan Dragway. I worked on the bike last night. Re-did my chain tensioner and got rid of the idler sprocket. Now it's a spring loaded wheel style. Should work ok, but a couple of high speed passes will be necessary to make sure the chain is staying put. Next up was replacing the steering neck bearings. Out of an abundance of caution I put in new bearings. Didn't really feel any better, but I did tighten the neck bolt a little more than normal. That should help take out the neck shakes. This bike does not turn much. Last thing I did was to mount the steering damper. I just used bolts, one through the bottom triple tree and one to the flat panel on the front of the old motovox's. I need one more nut and maybe a couple of washers and that will be done. If I have time I'd like to make up a fork brace. Come Saturday I hope to make full out straight passes, no shimmy, no shakin, no gettin squirrely at half track, and the chain to stay on all the way down to the end! Pics tomorrow.