Monster Moto 80 (mmb80) predator stage 1 kit ideas?

Welp, I got my max torque 12t clutch installed and predator 212cc motor insyalled after a few minor hiccups and wow, the power difference from stock. Soooo..of course, MORE MORE MORE!!! What would be best stage one kit for predator for the mmb80 that would fit right (with out mods for once) I want the air filter, jet, header and what not thats stage one. Ive looked but didnt really read if any kit would fit right without something stupid i would have to do. let me know any good suggestions!!!! Thanks guys!!!!

heres a video i uploaded on youtube ha NIGHT RIDE

Greetings..welcome to the fun..i have a Briggs engine on my mmb80..so mine different..i believe a stage one for mini bike with underseat header will work..you may have to move rear fender down some..think you need to choose hemi or non

welp received the kit from OldMiniBikes and header fit perfect butttttt...took off air box and tried to slid on the air filter adapter and it hits the frame and wont go on :facepalm: I have no idea how to work around this and I do not want to cut out frame for it to fit If i dont have too. Any suggestions? Adapters? Orrr...Im i just Sh*t out of luck? Thanks for any input! 20170301_184002.jpg

Hi..you can raise the engine on metal stock to clear the uptubes..see how as you go up the tubes angle back getting farther away..take avantage of that .just watch the exhaust and gas tank fill cap ..yes:thumbsup:

Last edited:
hey thanks Raskin! I did some research and saw hotrodminibike had a kit for this bike and then saw they raised the plate towards the front...now giving room for air intake :thumbsup: I'll do the same without buying that the kit but a little modding to get er done that way

ughh chain is fine? engine all the way forward?
It appears that you are questioning if the chain is fine..... And it appears that you are questioning if the engine is all the way forward......

The chain is to short or you could push the motor forward and the intake would clear the frame............. That's my observation from what you have shown.

Will the engine go further forward?????????? If so then the chain is to short.......................

"That's all she's got Capin"............

Yeah engine is allllll the way up it can go. In the meanwhile while i wait for a nice weekend I was able to put on exgaust pipe and muffler and then put in a better sparkplug, now my question is...I put back on factory air intake and removed top lid to reveal intake(thought maybe that would help just a bit :shrug: ) and now was wondering if I should install the bored out emulsion tube and .037 jet or .036 jet or wait till I figure out how to incline engine so I can fit on the new air intake adapter??? Let me know thanks guys!

Ok..will flow a bit better top off. I would think the cone filter adapter would fit if stock box does..put a pic if not..yeah you can rejet..i suggest a .036 because you not running straight header no muffler ..you could read the plug after a run and see if looks rich....white or greyish is too lean..or try .037 see which feels better if you want...cheers

Last edited:
Yeah engine is allllll the way up it can go. In the meanwhile while i wait for a nice weekend I was able to put on exgaust pipe and muffler and then put in a better sparkplug, now my question is...I put back on factory air intake and removed top lid to reveal intake(thought maybe that would help just a bit :shrug: ) and now was wondering if I should install the bored out emulsion tube and .037 jet or .036 jet or wait till I figure out how to incline engine so I can fit on the new air intake adapter??? Let me know thanks guys!
Post a pic of the front of the engine and the frame. I haven't messed with a monster moto so I don't know the specifics. On my DB I used a piece of 1/2 inch aluminum to raise the engine and got another inch of forward movement.

Check this ..pred swap no big issues.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9kj7wlNwtQ&t=721s ..cars and cameras ytube pred 212 swap ..i can't view this on my tablet?
yes i have done the swap, but with the stage one kit you cant install air filter without tilting motor forward. The mottor is as far as it can go forward and factory intake box just needs a shave to fit, but trying to fit adapter on new air intake wont fit past frame. I havnt seen this done yet on a mmb80, moto vox, yes, not a mmb80 frame