More progress

Fourtogo

Finally got back at it , building a Bearkat Twister frame . Review bought what I was told was a Bearkat Twister roller . Hmm not really, it was a bad attempt at copying a original one . What I salvage was a set of wheels >> front not going use << swing arm forks TC and jackshaft assembly , and a very done 6hp Briggs . I had to buy a bender JD-Squared and tube notcher frame jig kit from chopsource . Always wanted notcher and a bender . Haven’t welded in en mount tubes , till I get engine plate ether bought or make one .

Attachments

Fourtogo

All I can say is WOW, it looks like you been doing this kind of work for quite a while!!!;):)
Hi Mariah this is actually my first scratch built frame . I have modified a few stock frames . The thing I am most proud of is top frame hoop on the Bearkat . It’s 10 individual bends on one piece of 0.83 1” tubing . Finished that the night before a total shoulder replacement surgery. I had never bent any tubes beyond maybe two bends on a single piece . i Couldn’t believe it was concentric even and square at mounting areas on the first try . I figured I would make a attempt a few times to get it . Tube benders usually have pile of oppp’s tubes << not scraped just waiting for the certain job to be reused . That’s what center front down tube was . A practice bend that came out to small in radius . I had to buy a new die and follower for one bend . For the Torque Convert guard , made a couple shots trying open up the bend by sliding it over after a 90 . Just didn’t like the way it looked . Last picture is what a Bearkat should look like finished

Attachments

Last edited:

Lizardking

Coolant green looks nice!
That Twister repop is looking good! I can't recall but doesn't the Twister have some kind of rubber mounts for the engine? Will you bypass that or try to recreate?

PatrickCraik

Hi Mariah this is actually my first scratch built frame . I have modified a few stock frames . The thing I am most proud of is top frame hoop on the Bearkat . It’s 10 individual bends on one piece of 0.83 1” tubing . Finished that the night before a total shoulder replacement surgery. I had never bent any tubes beyond maybe two bends on a single piece . i Couldn’t believe it was concentric even and square at mounting areas on the first try . I figured I would make a attempt a few times to get it . Tube benders usually have pile of oppp’s tubes << not scraped just waiting for the certain job to be reused . That’s what center front down tube was . A practice bend that came out to small in radius . I had to buy a new die and follower for one bend . For the Torque Convert guard , made a couple shots trying open up the bend by sliding it over after a 90 . Just didn’t like the way it looked . Last picture is what a Bearkat should look like finished
Beautiful job! VW cool too

Fourtogo

I have limited space , with the three projects going . So I needed to shrink my grinders down . I built this a 2X2 receiver hitch change able wire wheel flap sander buffer and stone wheel bench grinder too sharpen my tungstens . I used a semi brake drum I have been moving around shop side yard back yard . It was filled with concrete and a 4X6 . A hammer drill and hammer chisel and very low stool got it done . It has one Use station and three storage positions. It has spinner lock on top to hold grinder motors in place. Could have done this with my TIG , but my buddy . Has a Miller MIG wire welder >>> it welds so beautifully << . Makes it so much quicker on this heavy steel . I ordered a engine plate on line for a big frame Briggs & Stratton 8hp . They company sent me a small block plate . it was listed as 7 5/8” with a host of pred and other engines BS was one of them . I asked for a return shipping label . Their answer file a claim with E-Bay or PayPal . I have never In all my years buying on line . Had a seller basically ask for negative feedback. So if anyone wants a billet engine plate I have one. I can put in a USPS flat mailer I can hook you up I do PayPal .

Attachments

Last edited:

Fourtogo

Did a bit more , on BearKats they have a set of bars . Just behind head stay that brace and protect the gas tank . What factory did was smash the tubing flat with a bit of kink . They had to do that to clear the tank , wasn’t a big fan of that . I bent a 180 1” tube cut and coped/notched two pieces . Lots of angles involved doing that . Have plainty space now , as I am going to use a bigger gas tank in size . I have engine mount bushings coming , wasn’t going use bushing . But going use them now ,

Attachments

Fourtogo

Did a bit more set fab for engine mount system . I decided I would do a Rubber/Polymer engine plate . I purchased some heavy duty perch tabs . You can see a extra purch in the pictures. And some heavy wall 1 1/4” mechanical tubing << AKA seamless tubing . Also purchased polymer bushings I will shorten them to fit left to right in the 1 1/4” tubing . This will sit on 1” X 1/2” bolts that I put a radius on those will be welded to the 1 1/4” tube . i radius them with my tube notcher and 1 1/4” bit/hole saw . You can I have a Studs Racing engine plate . Nice piece but the engraving has to go . I get left right back and forward movement out this set up . This all is connected via a 3/8” plate weld to a 1/2” round bar . That the bushing system will ride on , mount and plate will be removable. Some thing the factory didn’t take in too consideration .

Attachments

Last edited:

Fourtogo

I needed to bend up the front driver protector guard . Bent a 180 with 1” tube , cut a little long . Just in case I don’t like the way it looks with front driver in place . It has a angled tube that welds to the top that braces the 180 . I finalized how engine mounting plate will sit . I left the lower rear frame tube lose , so I can move it forward. That way I can get a sung fit for perches and rear tube . The diagonal tube , was a scrapped notched tube that still to fit up . After I finish the frame I am going stretch the swing arm 2” . This will allow me use a bit bigger tire .

Attachments

After slowing down re-reading going over this again and looking at this via computer WOW!

Phone does not do it justice Sir very impressive w/o a doubt. I've bent a lot of pipe over the yrs and I must admit very fine craftsmanship. Bending pipe/tubing whatever is an art within itself. Very quality work goin on here... Need an Apprentice Call ME I'd love to come help and learn from a professional ! :cool: