More than 2 Wheels Anything Goes mini one's Alsport ???

This started out as a result of a random search of "fiberglass body" on Craigslist, located a few hours away. Super nice guy had it listed as a homemade go-cart. I haven't had the time to figure out exactly what it is so I'm thanking you guys ahead of time for the info since there's some knowledgeable trike guys out there.
Was told it was a 340cc engine "that ran when it was put away".
Ran out, got it, squirted some oil in the cylinders, zipped tied a cleanish tank of Pre-mix to it and it fired up and ran pretty well.
Stuck it in the garage and there it's sat taking a backseat to.
Full disclosure: pretty well means crazy smokey, the kind of smokey that if it were a four stroke it would've blown. Might need less oil in the ratio.
Any info, chiding, comments, suggestions gladly welcomed. I'll post some more pics asap.

IMG_0608-2.JPG IMG_0609-2.JPG IMG_0608-2.JPG IMG_0609-2.JPG

Yeah that's as close as I can get to it to take pics from the tile saw etc. that are in the way. That is the empty part of the garage. lol. Just want to make it a rider, Got a long way to go...

Last edited:
got some more pics, looks like it's a fan cooled, 500cc Arctic Cat/Suzuki from a 1980's Cougar, Jag or Panther.
Alsport Head tube sticker reads : 3W (on the pre made part) and 14848 on the stamped numbers (blank silver part)

The build off sign! :doah: duh, my bad, will do ASAP, I’m out of town for a while.
Thanks Gumpit, I’ll pm Rich for a dimension of that head rest. That upholstery is really cool, complicated, but really cool looking. Anyone doing seat covers of that? I’ve looked in a couple places for that diamond heat? Pleated black vinyl, not sure if I could pull off that shape even if I found it. Plenty of fiberglass work to do before then anyway.

Very cool… Another RTS!! The jackshaft assembly looks very complete. Looking forward to seeing your project progress and helping each other out along the way. Jerry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok, got some house projects out of the way, put away the tile saw and knee pads and now I can get my priorities back in order, to the garage! Bought a quart of epoxy, a gallon of polyester resin for the not so important glass repairs, some West System fillers and I’ll have to dig out some cloth. I think I still have a decent bit of Kevlar tape around for the edges of the body. Seems like these all take a beating in that location. That textured factory plastic coat over the fiberglass might be impossible for me to blend into but this is going to be a rider so it won’t have to be perfect or even close. I haven’t done much with glass besides some kayak/canoe repair so I might have to paint it flat white when I’m done :facepalm::facepalm:
Took the clutch apart for a good cleaning, seems to be not much wear on the drive train of this. I’m glad it was kept indoors. NY is supposed to get some real warm weather this week so I’ll post progress pics soon and get it outside to run. These tires need new valve stems at least but I’ve got a few options to run around on once I clean and reassemble a few more things.

Been doing some epoxy work on the body, made a couple phone calls to West Systems Epoxy technical support crew and got right through to a person! Unbelievable right? One really interesting thing they said was that their epoxy will hold up to gasoline if I coat a corroded tank with it. It won't however hold up to Ethanol so it looks like if I go that route (most reasonable $-wise way) I'll just have to make sure the good gas only ever goes in that tank. With the slow setting hardener I'll have more than enough time to roll it around the inside of the tank and roll any excess out since it's thin stuff when you don't add fillers.
The Alsport bodies must have been made for light weight since I'm adding layers of fiberglass 6oz? cloth and tape where it flexed and cracked.

I bought some of their G-Flex Epoxy too, it doesn't cure as clear as regular, more like an amber/goldish color but it's supposed to be more flexible and tough so it went under the seat and higher stress areas too where the edge of the seat bucket cracked away. Like all epoxy though it is a B to sand the excess away so I'm going to try some high strength filler mixed in to a peanut buttery consistency and then it won't run as much either.

The original finish on the plastic skim coating needs work here and there so I'm thinking about trying to spray some vinyl seat material with mold release or just silicone and let dry well then laying that over the unhardened poly or epoxy face down so that the finish picks up the minute detail of the seat material in the finish coat with a little better matching texture. I'm seeing a mess in the future so I'll have to experiment, lol.

Getting a lot of little "fixes" done with the extra epoxy I'm mixing up though...

Awesome to see that your house projects are done! It might warm up for us some time in May:laugh: Sounds like you'll be finished in no time!

red baron

If your tank is steel I got turned onto a product called red coat. A guy that I know that works in a jet engine factory told me this is what is used in planes. I got it off eBay for about $25 a quart and it worked great on my gas tank I built. I'm not sure about ethanol exposure though. 3oz. of Amsoil 2 stroke oil per gallon for your pre-mix is what I run in my sled motors. It probably has the snowmobile jetting in it still so you may need to re-jet it. I would watch that closely at first regardless, who knows what was done to it. It would be a shame to burn up a motor to lean jetting.