Morethan2 wheels/anythinggoes t555blazer Alsport RTS 290

Have 3 identical Kohler K2952AX engines. 1st-disassembled in a box, good for parts. 2nd-Stuck, good for parts. 3rd-was told it ran when pulled from a John Deere snowmobile, has no carburetor. Going to try to make one good engine from all 3. Trying to figure out how to pull off the clutch without a snowmobile clutch puller. Went to YouTube and found something called the water method… Gonna give it a try.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To remove the clutch you can lay the engine on its side, crank up. Find a bolt that thread into the clutch. Find out how deep it will go before it bottoms out. Mark it. Fill the crank and clutch hole half of the bolt depth with very thick gear oil, like 140W, even use it cold so it doesn't leak past the thread. Now just screw in the bolt to compress the oil until the clutch pops off and sprays oil everywhere :)

Let us know how it turns out for you.
Danford1

To remove the clutch you can lay the engine on its side, crank up. Find a bolt that thread into the clutch. Find out how deep it will go before it bottoms out. Mark it. Fill the crank and clutch hole half of the bolt depth with very thick gear oil, like 140W, even use it cold so it doesn't leak past the thread. Now just screw in the bolt to compress the oil until the clutch pops off and sprays oil everywhere :)

Let us know how it turns out for you.
Danford1
Thanks Dan, looks like I may not have to go through all of that.

Now that it is apart… I have a much better understanding of the Salisbury 910. No need to pull the entire driven off of the PTO. Should have no problem rebuilding it. My concern was test running the engine with the clutch still on it.

What happens to a lot of two strokes is the crank seals dry out or crack and let air enter. The air leans the mixture and you burn a hole in the piston. To replace that crank seal you will have to remove that clutch part.
I have a bunch of old clutch pullers from many years of owning and working on snowmobiles. You are welcome to borrow what I have and see if any fit your clutch. I'm guessing I live about 45 minutes from you.
Danford1

What happens to a lot of two strokes is the crank seals dry out or crack and let air enter. The air leans the mixture and you burn a hole in the piston. To replace that crank seal you will have to remove that clutch part.
I have a bunch of old clutch pullers from many years of owning and working on snowmobiles. You are welcome to borrow what I have and see if any fit your clutch. I'm guessing I live about 45 minutes from you.
Danford1
Dan, that is awesome!