Motor year? Guess.

Karen, the curved head fins are Italian Tecumseh engines, they are made with metric threads. They seemed to be common on Sears edgers made long ago. The factory they had in Italy didn't last long as I remember.

Cause Italy uses the metric system for everything. Get yourself a good set of JIS crosshead screwdrivers and you will be amazed at how well they fit the Phillips head screws on anything made in the last 30 years! JIS (Japanese Industry Standard)

markus

it is not Italian aspera, and not metric. Here in the states that was the “low compression head” that was available and other than looks it is not the same as aspera’s heads as far as I know. Usually only craftsman’s got that low comp head on certain models and aspera definitly did not sell any engines to craftsman. Tecumseh and aspera were 2 very different companies, tec would not even look at them here in the states when companies like ESI ( first importer for Broncco) started importing the bikes with aspera’s on them from Italy.

it is not Italian aspera, and not metric. Here in the states that was the “low compression head” that was available and other than looks it is not the same as aspera’s heads as far as I know. Usually only craftsman’s got that low comp head on certain models and aspera definitly did not sell any engines to craftsman. Tecumseh and aspera were 2 very different companies, tec would not even look at them here in the states when companies like ESI ( first importer for Broncco) started importing the bikes with aspera’s on them from Italy.
As per usual I should have waited for your input Markus. The knowledge you contain always impresses me.

My apologies for spreading misinformation, I shall return to the back of the bus where I belong.

With that low compression head and that 3/8" intake, you won't have to worry about burning the tread off that new tire you bought from me, Hahahahaha. Your Kitty is cringing at the thought of that retired... or just plain tired Crapsman edger motor!. When something is tired of being tired, would it be re-tired?, IDK.

-A2M