Motorcycle Lift

I am thinking about getting a Harbor Freight Lift and am looking for input. In the past, they always appeared to not be high enough to help my stodgy back. But after watching a few YouTube videos, they actually look like they might work for me. Anyone with lower back issues that has one of these, I would take kindly to hearing your opinions and also from anyone that has one.
Thanks, Fred

I am thinking about getting a Harbor Freight Lift and am looking for input. In the past, they always appeared to not be high enough to help my stodgy back. But after watching a few YouTube videos, they actually look like they might work for me. Anyone with lower back issues that has one of these, I would take kindly to hearing your opinions and also from anyone that has one.
Thanks, Fred
We use a mini chain fall with 1” tubular webbing sling on the top tube of our bikes.
Raise the bike and roll the engine stand under.
Shop-built angle brackets that bolt to a small block engine stand. The brackets are about 16” on each leg and padded with mud flap material. Clamps have a v-block option for clamping near the engine deck.

We use a mini chain fall with 1” tubular webbing sling on the top tube of our bikes.
Raise the bike and roll the engine stand under.
Shop-built angle brackets that bolt to a small block engine stand. The brackets are about 16” on each leg and padded with mud flap material. Clamps have a v-block option for clamping near the engine deck.
I should clarify, this system is for mini bikes and grandchildren’s smaller dirt bikes.

I use two milk crates perfect height for me to stand or on a rolling stool…when finished just pick it up and kick the crates out of the way….it’s the simpleness of it….and don’t have to store a jack….

bruces

What lift from Harbour freight are you asking about ? A drive on motorcycle lift table is what I use and it’s great ,my friend uses the scissor type of motorcycle lift ,once again it lifts very high and works great ,the ATV lift does not lift high enough for me so it’s something I would not bother with .I am 6’5” with lower disk issues ,so bending over I avoid .

This is what i use it's a Motorcycle lift w/a 300# capacity, reaches bout 34 inches. Steel wheels, w/brakes and swivels Also has tiedowns and rubber mat on the top, Safety Bar to keep it from collapsing unexpectedly.
It's served/serves me well in many respects and was cheap enuff @ $110 bucks free shipping. Found it on Flea Bay bought it as nonworking. figured i could easily replace/rebuild the jack prol'um was it worked right out of the box. Score!!!
Was looking 4a better pic. This is the only one i have @ the moment.

Attachments

What lift from Harbour freight are you asking about ? A drive on motorcycle lift table is what I use and it’s great ,my friend uses the scissor type of motorcycle lift ,once again it lifts very high and works great ,the ATV lift does not lift high enough for me so it’s something I would not bother with .I am 6’5” with lower disk issues ,so bending over I avoid .
I am talking about the drive on motorcycle lift.

toomanytoys

Some I've seen on YouTube have a dropout to remove the back tire straight down.
They are pricey. I jump through a ton of hoops to change tires. Motorcycle jack, chain hoist, ratchet straps, ect. Always afraid it's going to fall!

I have 3 motorcycles and usually do 1 or 2 sets a season.

My versys needs a set before I can take it out in the spring...that's my every day rider...

SAS289

I use two milk crates perfect height for me to stand or on a rolling stool…when finished just pick it up and kick the crates out of the way….it’s the simpleness of it….and don’t have to store a jack….
I used to use a 5 gallon bucket for my dirt bike. Wasn't perfect but it worked for me.

I74

I made my ''Mini lift'' out of a swivel / telescoping ' ''curbside - throwaway'' office chair.
Bolted a 2 by 8 to the chair base plate, & then screwed a 5/8 piece of particle board on top of that.

I basically lower it all the way, & set the front wheel of the Mini on the 2nd entry step to the house entrance off the garage,, & then pick up the back of the Mini with the grab handle, & slide the lift under it.

Then you can roll the whole thing around, plus lift & rotate it .

When taking off wheels & stuff,, you just run a ratchet strap thru the frame & attach the ends underneath to the chair mounting base plate.

Works real slick, & is ''very'' sturdy too. ;)

I

100_5185.JPG

Last edited:

Doc1976

I use a lift similar to the harbor freight one, but mine is air over hydraulic. Works absolutely great. I also have lumbar disc issues and I just use a hydraulic shop stool to keep me at the right height. On the table, I also use a manual motorcycle jack for removing wheels. https://www.amazon.com/Extreme-Max-...ocphy=1013445&hvtargid=pla-435661372483&psc=1 I will use this for assembly and repairs/maintenance. For actual fab and welding frames together, I will often use a taller shop bench so the bike is higher so I can work standing.

Anyone with lower back issues that has one of these, I would take kindly to hearing your opinions and also from anyone that has one.
Thanks, Fred
I bought one of these around 8? years ago and never looked back. Also have the 12"side extensions and heavy duty vice for the front wheel.
A bit overkill for a minibike, but it'll last me my lifetime. FWIW, right before I bought it I spent more $ on my chiropractor over a period of just three months. The lift table was a great investment.
https://handy-lift.com/p/BOB-1500-A...apHKOzFVr8km_WvUuHoVjPfo-xPbTNCAaAv36EALw_wcB