Motovox Doodle

MikeBear

Yep, I think that bend in the frame behind the rear wheel is going to cause problems.
Sort of like the neck problem with the original DB30s.
A person could split the tubing, and weld in a nice gusset right there....

I just think that's something the manufacturer should have done themselves. That frame just has "LAWSUIT" screaming all over it.

heres a vintage mini that has a similar rear loop on the frame with the rear wheel in front of the bend.

another with a more extreme bend and a gusset. maybe the frame should have a gusset at the rear section.

It looks kinda cool...wouldn't mind getting one, something other than Baja, might be worth a try, especially if it's under 300 bucks. ANyone know if they sell'em in Canada

delray

i think i will past on the new models and stick with my vintage mini bikes....:rolleyes:
just don't like that atv style seat and plastic fenders...:no:
really starting to look like the first model (orange) bike is the best bike to have....:shrug:

Hey proturbo, thanks for posting pics comparing Motovox to Doodlebug. Looks like maybe a little bigger than new style Doodlebug?

At 5'11" 175#'s, new style Doodlebug at NorthernTool and seemed too small for me. Unfortunately, Motovox doesn't appear available around here. I think all the K-Marts went out of business years ago. :shrug:

I bought one back on black friday for the 250 special and am happy with it. but of course i put a bigger engine in it!.. :thumbsup: if you guy's at MOTOVOX want some imput put a bigger engine in them. other then that they seem to be a great little bike

A buddy of mine has this Motovox, and he loves it. He is 6'3 and weighs about 280. It just goes and goes and goes. Nice thing about it is that the handlebars are adjustable as compared to the DB, and he could move them forward for more room. The downside to the Motovox (as compared to the DB) is that you cannot just stick a 6.5 or Predator 212 into it without modifying the air cleaner housing and the muffler. It's future fancy frame just will not allow it. Because of that, I traded him one of my DBs for the Motovox so that he could upgrade without the extra expense. Nothing wrong with the Motovox!