Motovox tav or clutch?

toomanytoys

Been a long time since I posted here. A guy from work knew I was into minibikes. Or well used to be.

Several guys decided they wanted to all build bikes and have the "hillbilly mini bike hill climb challenge"

Set the rules. 6.5hp max. Small tires(no super Broncos ect). No suspension. Small bikes only. Clutch or tav.

I just so happen to have a new predator, rod, flywheel, piston, cam and valve springs sitting in my garage for the last 4 years. Also a motovox frame with no motor.

I have a tav 30 and a good centrfigual clutch.

What would be better? Pretty steep hill. Impossible to climb. But its smooth all the way up. More to see how far you can make it. Maybe 15 yard run up.

I'm leaning clutch since I figure this thing will spin up to 6 or 7k and the tav isnt going to handle that. But what do you experts suggest?

It's all for fun but I want to win!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

gbabins1

I think I would go with the clutch and proper gearing..
Especially with the rpms you'll be turning. The tav may slip or toast the belt depending how steep or how far it is up the hill... Don't get me wrong I have a few bikes with TAVs and love them but the clutch bikes have their place too (less moving parts = less points of failure)
Enjoy and posts some pics or videos if you can.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk