Motovox with Honda GC160

Well, it's been awhile since I've been able to do anything mini-bike related. Been a crazy year, got out of the military, got married, moved, big changes. I did end up having to sell off the minibikes I had to pay for the move and stuff, finally getting re-started. Picked up a Motovox for 100 bucks.

Painted the frame

I'm going to use this Honda GC160, bad thing is I need to get a crankshaft that is long enough for a clutch. I like the GC160s, I've used them in 3 other bikes, nice manageable power. I already have an exhaust pipe for it thanks to OND, one of the parts that survived the mini bike purge and I'm glad it did.

Mocked up in the frame

Obviously there's a lot more things I need to do, but it's a start and nice to have a mini bike project again!

Welcome back jd, and good for you on getting married ! I don't have any spare clutchs at the moment, but I bet someone will come along soon.

Hey, welcome back! Hope you are feeling better and congrats on getting married! Love those GC engines!
Thanks man! You're the guy I sold the Tecumseh to right? And yea, it was an interesting couple months there, recovering fine though, just randomly get wicked headaches though. Just glad to be able to tinker around again.

Welcome back jd, and good for you on getting married ! I don't have any spare clutchs at the moment, but I bet someone will come along soon.
Thanks! And I'm glad I still randomly had one of the header pipes you welded up for me awhile back, it'll be great for this bike!

Nice Motor, hope you can find a longer crankshaft.
Yea, this motor was sitting behind some guys garage for years, got the carb and fuel pump all cleaned up, new oil and gas and she fired right up. I found some new crankshafts for about 28 bucks, which isn't too bad, just pretty strapped for cash right now.

Thats a good deal i was watching it too. If you are ever out this way let me know me and my brother try to plan rides and everything. I also hawk the local clist and offerup for the deal so ill pass them on to you if i see any

Thats a good deal i was watching it too. If you are ever out this way let me know me and my brother try to plan rides and everything. I also hawk the local clist and offerup for the deal so ill pass them on to you if i see any
Well, I work in Norfolk. If you guys ever plan anything let me know! And yea, I constantly am scouring craigslist, nothing too great on there right now, an older frame doodlebug for 175 in Norfolk and a gx160 motor for 120 in Chesapeake, I don't have money or else I'd shoot them a low offer, but yea, let me know if you plan anything over the summer! Thanks man!

Thanks man! You're the guy I sold the Tecumseh to right? And yea, it was an interesting couple months there, recovering fine though, just randomly get wicked headaches though. Just glad to be able to tinker around again.
Yes sir, I am the Tecumseh guy. Got it running great and it's on my ARCO. Nice to have the Virginia contingent getting up to full steam---you, me, Vaocalrep, etc. Glad you're recovering well, TBIs are not the easiest to get over--continued good luck to you! I'll be following the build.

Yes sir, I am the Tecumseh guy. Got it running great and it's on my ARCO. Nice to have the Virginia contingent getting up to full steam---you, me, Vaocalrep, etc. Glad you're recovering well, TBIs are not the easiest to get over--continued good luck to you! I'll be following the build.
I appreciate the support man! Do you have a build thread, glad it worked for you and would like to see pics! And I'm not exactly in the VA crew, moved to Elizabeth City, its not that far away from VA though, guess I can still kinda count.

Well, crankshaft and clutch came in and got everything installed and up and running! It's a fun little bike, does about 35-40 mph. I had a thumb throttle sitting around so I decided to hook that up instead of the twist throttle.

Last edited: