Mounting Predator Engine at 75-90°

nightgrider

I've been seeing pictures online of people mounting predator engines at a 75° to almost 90° off the stock mounting orientation. I'm not an engine expert, but I would think this could cause oiling issues.

Pictures below for reference. Just wanting to see what everyone else's thoughts are on this.

IMG_4671.JPG 79cc_1787.jpg image.jpeg

Last edited:
I first saw it done on bikes & beards i guess as long as the dipper is hitting the oil it shouldnt make much difference. The cam gear wont be submerged but that shouldnt matter as much as the other parts

nightgrider

Thanks, I'll definitely have to check that video out. It does make for a more visually interesting look to the engine.

Jeep2003, you have some really awesome mini bike builds. I really enjoy watching your videos on YouTube. Wish I was set up to build frames like you.

nightgrider

The bikes and beard video was interesting. They seemed to have a good amount of engine issues and trouble starting during their "test". My predator is pretty old and beat up but starts pretty much on the second pull every time. They did mention they had "modified" the engine, but didn't run down their list of modifications. I did notice they were running the stock carburetor. I'm guessing it was jetted to accommodate the straight pipe exhaust and air filter. I'm wondering if the mounting angle caused for more reliability issues. Or if it was just their engine was ragged out. It looked a bit tired in the video.