Mounting taco 22 clutch cover?

Couldn't find an answer to this so figured someone may be able to help. I want to mount my taco 22 clutch cover. does anyone have any details on what kind of bracket to use and where the bracket to the cover so it is positioned as accurate as possible? I want to make sure I do this correctly the first time. thanks guys:)

I drilled the top hole 3-3/4” over from the right edge and 5/8” from the engine side. Then I drilled the front hole by lining it up with the bolt on the side cover. That’s the way I did it. I’ve seen some mounted with 2 bolts on the top only.

markus

These are the brackets I took off a 1968 3hp that came with an original Taco guard on it when I bought it. I want to say it was mounted like Joes above was except the guard was at a slant for a "44" model bike, I don't thing that matters except for the holes drilled in the guard though. they used the perimeter bolts for the sidecover. Got these saved for my Mickey Bike since the covers are about the same or I would offer them up, They shoudl not be too hard to make, hopefully you can decipher my chicken scratch :p

Mr Pat,
I just was clued into your post about these brackets...thanks for posting the drawing. I realize this is an OLD post but if you are monitoring this thread, what was the thickness of the brackets? It looks to be 1/8” but could potentially by 3/16.
Also, what is the distance in from the end of the bracket to the top TAPPED mounting hole? A centerline dimension would be appreciated.
Also, it appears the block mounting flange is 7/8” tall from bottom edge to the “top” of the cover mounting Flange.
Does the clutch cover align with the engine block or is there a “gap” between the block and the cover? Thanks in advance!

Attachments

Mr Pat,
I just was clued into your post about these brackets...thanks for posting the drawing. I realize this is an OLD post but if you are monitoring this thread, what was the thickness of the brackets? It looks to be 1/8” but could potentially by 3/16.
Also, what is the distance in from the end of the bracket to the top TAPPED mounting hole? A centerline dimension would be appreciated.
Also, it appears the block mounting flange is 7/8” tall from bottom edge to the “top” of the cover mounting Flange.
Does the clutch cover align with the engine block or is there a “gap” between the block and the cover? Thanks in advance!
That was markus and not mrpat that had the pic. Might want to try shooting him a PM to get an answer since this was an older thread. Maybe he'll get an email about it.