mrpat's - Bonanza BC1400 - (Vintage Class)

Well, this weekend I was planning on spending a lot of time on the mini. Ended up spending Saturday and some of Sunday replacing the rear brake lines on my truck. Brakes went out Friday while driving home from work. On a positive note, I now have nice new brake lines and the weather was perfect for working outdoors! Those old brake lines were so rusted it was crazy!

Well, this weekend I was planning on spending a lot of time on the mini. Ended up spending Saturday and some of Sunday replacing the rear brake lines on my truck. Brakes went out Friday while driving home from work. On a positive note, I now have nice new brake lines and the weather was perfect for working outdoors! Those old brake lines were so rusted it was crazy!
I feel your pain...I was on my way home from Lowe's with a full load. Went to stop at a light and the brake pedal kept going and going to the floor. Rear brake line rusted out behind the gas tank. Got home and brake fluid was dripping everywhere off the frame of my Dakota. Glad you got it fixed!:thumbsup:

I'm not quite sure if the tab with the hole on the rear of the engine plate belongs or not. Before I go and cut it off, I figured I would ask first.

I started filling in the extra hole, crazy engine mtg slot, and some chain rub on the engine plate. Used a flapper disk to smooth out the weld. For the through hole I used a piece of aluminum square tubing as a backer since the weld don't stick to the aluminum.

Next step is to weld on the brackets for the foot pegs.

bikebudy

Banned - Must pay $500
I'm pretty sure a bolt would be in it to push the engine forward for chain tension.

The bolt would push on the lower engine block.

Does it belong ????

Last edited:
I never saw that bracket on Many bonanza frames.
Thank you Karen. I didn't think it belonged, just wasn't sure.

Pat you are doing a great job ! :thumbsup: This is going to be a nice ride ..:scooter:____~~~
Thank you Eric. We both started out with pretty much the same pile-o-parts but are taking 2 different approaches. When I first saw your build off entry I had to do a double take!

I'm pretty sure a bolt would be in it to push the engine forward for chain tension.

The bolt would push on the lower engine block.

Does it belong ????

Thank you Corey. I figured that's what that was for, but the threads were stripped out so it was just a hole. I stuck a small screwdriver in the hole and it popped right off. (thank goodness for crummy welds sometimes)

Dang Pat you are moving right along this year..:thumbsup:..I need to get my but in gear ! :laugh:
Thanks E. Moving the best I can since the weather hasn't been too terrible. Your build is almost done already, what you talkin bout willis..... get in gear... phhht :laugh:

Like that light, reminds me of one I have here from the 60's .

What color is the Bike and Tank going to be ?
I'm gonna go with the standard blueish color for frame, and white tank. I like the color combo and it kinda sorta keeps it looking original. I'm probably going to have to paint the fenders though since the chrome is too far gone. I'm thinking silver for the fenders.