MTD/Columbia belt cover mount bracket

Sprocket86

I've been getting side tracked with other hobbies and I haven't posted in a while.

Does anyone have any pictures of a MTD/Columbia/Western flyer belt cover engine mount bracket?

I need to locate one or fab one up. Some detailed pics would be great.

Here are a few pics of the belt cover.

20180619_065702.jpg

Hi Sprocket86,

Check the photos under the following:
Drivetrain/clutches

I posted some pictures showing the brackets. There are actually 2 (they share a common bolt) but I am sure that you can fab one from one piece of metal. Note that there are weld nuts as well. Hope this helps.

John

Sprocket86

Hi Sprocket86,

Check the photos under the following:
Drivetrain/clutches

I posted some pictures showing the brackets. There are actually 2 (they share a common bolt) but I am sure that you can fab one from one piece of metal. Note that there are weld nuts as well. Hope this helps.

John
Thanks for letting me know about the pics. It looks to be a little more elaborate than I initially thought.

I need to build a cover for my bike too someday. I was going to use an engine bolt in the front, and one of the u-bolt nuts in the back.
My cover is a plastic comet cover though not the original metal cover

Oldyellow

Hello Sprocket.
I spent some time with the builder of the “sprocket” mini bike just a couple of weeks ago. He’s trying to sell the buisness tooling and inventory. He had one bike left that he was wanting to keep. Have you seen others or one for sale recently?
I always liked the frame on the Sprocket and remember him selling them at the Barrie automotive flea market 25 years ago. Man ... time flys!