Mtd columbia drum band brake

Bbqman

Tried to install the drum band brake today. Can't use the axle spacers now because the band hardware mounts inside the frame. Anybody have a fix for this? Thank you

mustangfrank

I can't remember what spacers or washers went in between the hub and backing plate but I do remember needing to call in an extra pair of hands to get the whole stack of brake, spacers & wheel in there and slide the bolt through.

Let me know if you need me to get a picture of my stock rear wheel installed or post a pic up if I'm misunderstanding the problem.

Bbqman

I can't remember what spacers or washers went in between the hub and backing plate but I do remember needing to call in an extra pair of hands to get the whole stack of brake, spacers & wheel in there and slide the bolt through.

Let me know if you need me to get a picture of my stock rear wheel installed or post a pic up if I'm misunderstanding the problem.
When I bought the bike it did not have the brake hardware attached. It had 2 one inch spacers that centered the back wheel. Actually looking at it now it's not centered with the spacers in. It's closer to the right. Do I have the hubs backwards? The wider one is in the brake side

Attachments

mustangfrank

When I bought the bike it did not have the brake hardware attached. It had 2 one inch spacers that centered the back wheel. Actually looking at it now it's not centered with the spacers in. It's closer to the right. Do I have the hubs backwards? The wider one is in the brake side
Wheel is together and in there correctly, I don't believe the wider brake side even had holes drilled for a sprocket. Take a look at @t555trailblazer pics, there is no spacer on that side between the wheel hub and brake plate.

I don't have access to mine now to see if I had any spacer in there.

Bbqman

Wheel is together and in there correctly, I don't believe the wider brake side even had holes drilled for a sprocket. Take a look at @t555trailblazer pics, there is no spacer on that side between the wheel hub and brake plate.

I don't have access to mine now to see if I had any spacer in there.
Thank you guys, I really appreciate it. First mini rebuild. Heck the motor was the easy part I will look at that thanks again