MTD Trail-Flight Very Nice !! *~* For Sale or Trade *~*

MTD Trail-Flite Very Nice !! *~* For Sale or Trade *~*

The bike is an MTD Trail-Flite circa 71-72. Original MTD tag still riveted on. Overall this bike is a very nice looking and in great condition for a rider.

Tecumseh HS-50 5 horse, correct slanted intake, clean bore, rebuilt carb and a new head gasket. There was nothing "wrong" with the engine, just something i do with every bike i buy. New grommet for the gas tank and pet-cock works as it should.

New brake and throttle cables, and the brakes work good. The tires are in great shape with little wear and the shocks work as they should. ( Not the typical stuck rusted crap out there. )

The frame and fork are originals with NO cuts or re-welds. The paint is very nice but the chrome has some pitting on the handlebars but they still shine !!
( IMO they can be cleaned up with some steel wool. ) The wheels are in OK shape, not the greatest but no rust. The seat cover is in great shape with no tears !!

Truely is a great bike to ride. This thing HAULS-@$$, handles well and its comfortable at speed on the road or riding trails. Just needs a bit of tuning on the carb as she runs a bit rich.

Not pictured are the foot-pegs. They are now on the bike and have new rubbers as well.

The only thing it needs to be 100% is either a number plate for the front ( or a head-light as they did come with them when new.) Also comes with ( but not pictured ) is a homemade clutch cover. This next one is up to you, but IMO she could use an extension on the exhaust. She is just a bit loud for my taste.

Price is $400 and located in Cleveland, Ohio. Will NOT ship, but will be willing to work something out for delivery. I travel around Ohio and South East MI area (Detroit, Troy, Dearborn, Ann Arbor etc.. )

WILLING TO TRADE for the following project bikes:
Ruttman Mini-Bike Projects ( 6 inch wheel bikes )
http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/photopost/data/645/medium/IMAG0592.JPG
Lil Indian Mini bike Projects ( 6 inch wheel, 1 piece frames )
http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/photopost/data/570/IMG_1172.JPG
Arctic Cat Ram-Rod Projects
http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/photopost/data/563/DSC06018.JPG

Please keep in mind that im not going to trade this nice of a bike for a complete terd of a project, but the more parts, frames, projects you have im sure we can work something out.

Drop me a PM if interested. If your looking top trade, I will respond with an e-mail addy that you can send pics of your potential trade(s) to.
C'mon, dont be shy, but please keep in mind what im looking for are the LISTED projects above or cash.

Thanks,
Gator G. Gator

Last edited:
How much do you want for mini bike

This is a quote from the ad "Price is $400 and located in Cleveland, Ohio. Will NOT ship, but will be willing to work something out for delivery. I travel around Ohio and South East MI area (Detroit, Troy, Dearborn, Ann Arbor etc.. ) "

Danford1

This is a quote from the ad "Price is $400 and located in Cleveland, Ohio. Will NOT ship, but will be willing to work something out for delivery. I travel around Ohio and South East MI area (Detroit, Troy, Dearborn, Ann Arbor etc.. ) "Danford1
Nice of you to offer none the less. You'll need a DeLorean. The ad is nearly a decade old. That's 70 in dog years.