MTD Western Flyer SS300

I have a couple questions on these bikes , 1. does any one have one that can measure the fork plate as I will be making one and want dimensions to make it accurate and for decal size too , also what is the gap ( space ) from fork plate to top and bottom tree ?? 2. Does any one have a pic of the correct chain guard or know if this is the correct one ?
Thanks

That's the General Appliance badged MTD. I can help with dimensions and yes that would be the correct guard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

markus

The MTD is nothing like the general appliance/trail horse (was called a wizard ss300) the MTD version was called a Trail bike SS300.

If it does not have a plate on the forks and does not look like one was pulled off it it may just be an MRD sold version and not the Western Auto sold one.

Heres the chainguard those bikes used:

The MTD is nothing like the general appliance/trail horse (was called a wizard ss300) the MTD version was called a Trail bike SS300.

If it does not have a plate on the forks and does not look like one was pulled off it it may just be an MRD sold version and not the Western Auto sold one.

Heres the chainguard those bikes used:

Thanks Markus that is it , the forks have yet to arrive but they don't have a plate , I've been told that the spot welding on these plates are the reason some bikes don't have them as they fell off ? Anywho I like the plate and will make on , The clutch guard pic is very helpful ! I've also going to have to figure out the rear sprocket as the rear wheel I have was off a jack shafted Trail Flite and is a 40 tooth ( or so ) 3 40 chain . With the 3 hole bolt pattern and running 35 chain IO'm assuming I'll need to buy a blank sprocket and machine ( drill ) it to match and cut the hurricane holes in it to match as well !!

I'm confused :shrug:
No confusion Mark , lol The bike Markus shows is what I have ! Not positive though what model I have as it's just a frame that some knuckle head cut the neck tube down on it to put Cat 250X forks on it , I am going to make it as exactly like the MTD Western Flyer Trail Bike SS300 as possible !

markus

when you do get to putting it together try to remember/factor in a thin fiber or plastic washer between the heatube and upper tree. The one I built made the worlds most annoying clunk at that spot when you were on a dirt road and the suspension was working :laugh:

when you do get to putting it together try to remember/factor in a thin fiber or plastic washer between the heatube and upper tree. The one I built made the worlds most annoying clunk at that spot when you were on a dirt road and the suspension was working :laugh:
10-4 , I'll do it and I read that in one of your old posts , Makes perfect sense to me . Also when putting the front fender on top of bottom tree did you simply make some spacers to go between tree and fender ??

For two years, I've been wondering what that chain guard belonged on....Markus hit it right on! After meeting MrPat I can now post pictures!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bikebudy

Banned - Must pay $500
Anyone have a decal measurement for the front face plate?

I'm doing what I can to help Angelo with his decals.

Thanks, Cory

Anyone have a decal measurement for the front face plate?

I'm doing what I can to help Angelo with his decals.

Thanks, Cory
Cory is really doing a great job with replica Decals for this bike , I can't thank him enough and a special Thanks also goes out to t555trailblazer for parting with the very nice chain guard to help me out with this build !!