MTD / Western SS400 Survivor - Cleveland, OH

Very original survivor.
Please review pictures and make your own decision on the condition.
I received this from the original owner who had it sitting in his moms garage for years. I have had it and she has done the same. Started periodically, admired greatly in my collection and that's about it.
She has her scratches and flea-bites in the chrome, but overall I think she is a wonderful example of a survivor as her paint still sparkles and the reflections in the chrome is still strong.
She runs great and revs fast as previous owner had the HS40 gone through. Although a bit of smoke that I suspect is from varnish & sitting (I see no smoke from the breather.)
She has one wonkey shock but not bad enough to where I thought it needed replacing and a small dime-sized snag in the original seat.
The only things that I know have been replaced (as she sits in these pictures) are the carb, a few bolts for the recoil and the air-filter cover.
Please Note: The original carb will come with the bike and the air filter has been replaced with a period correct NOS Tecumseh unit.
Please feel free to reach out via PM if you have any questions or shoot me your number and I can drop you a call (if you prefer i can send you my number as well.)
My asking price is $950 and willing to negotiate if you have a Ruttman or Lil Indian roller for partial trade.
I can help with delivery up to 100-ish miles from area code 44109 for the asking price.
Take care

Attachments