Murray Kilowatt / Cross Kart Build

Sorry, I did not want to post until she was street/dirt/neighbors yard ready. Maiden voyage today. A little wet in south florida today so I only ripped up up the street and back. I had some issues with Mikuni fuel pump vacuum pressuring too much fuel to the Mikuni carb so I removed fuel pump. I want to let the engine break in so tomorrow I plan to let her idle for a while longer before letting it rip. Engine is a 420 HEMI I picked up for $175.00 and was waiting for a project like this. I removed the governor and all the junk clinging to the outside of the engine that was unnecessary. I put a 34mm Mikuni carb. I removed the oil sensor inside the crank case. I added new 13" shocks that are amazing compared to what was on this beast. They really impress me. 5 point harness arrived a couple days ago. I have purchased blue diamond plate metal sheets that I intend on fabricating to the body so that mud and dirt and debris will not fly up at driver (me). I have Little Daddy Roth Metal Flake Paint (Bad AZZ Blue Base, Blue Balls Flake, Blue Balls large Flake, Blue Balls Kandy Coat, 1 and 2X Clear Coats. I don't intend on painting for a few months as I want to enjoy ripping it around and working out any kinks it there are any. I am super stoked about this build... Thanks! image3.jpeg image1.jpeg image4.jpeg image2.jpeg image5.jpeg image6.jpeg image0.jpeg

Sorry, I did not want to post until she was street/dirt/neighbors yard ready. Maiden voyage today. A little wet in south florida today so I only ripped up up the street and back. I had some issues with Mikuni fuel pump vacuum pressuring too much fuel to the Mikuni carb so I removed fuel pump. I want to let the engine break in so tomorrow I plan to let her idle for a while longer before letting it rip. Engine is a 420 HEMI I picked up for $175.00 and was waiting for a project like this. I removed the governor and all the junk clinging to the outside of the engine that was unnecessary. I put a 34mm Mikuni carb. I removed the oil sensor inside the crank case. I added new 13" shocks that are amazing compared to what was on this beast. They really impress me. 5 point harness arrived a couple days ago. I have purchased blue diamond plate metal sheets that I intend on fabricating to the body so that mud and dirt and debris will not fly up at driver (me). I have Little Daddy Roth Metal Flake Paint (Bad AZZ Blue Base, Blue Balls Flake, Blue Balls large Flake, Blue Balls Kandy Coat, 1 and 2X Clear Coats. I don't intend on painting for a few months as I want to enjoy ripping it around and working out any kinks it there are any. I am super stoked about this build... Thanks! View attachment 270571 View attachment 270568 View attachment 270572 View attachment 270569 View attachment 270573 View attachment 270574 View attachment 270567
I'm going to be redoing all the shocks, rims tires rear axle and brakes on mine as well as putting a 420cc engine on mine.

I74

Sorry, I did not want to post until she was street/dirt/neighbors yard ready. Maiden voyage today. A little wet in south florida today so I only ripped up up the street and back. I had some issues with Mikuni fuel pump vacuum pressuring too much fuel to the Mikuni carb so I removed fuel pump. I want to let the engine break in so tomorrow I plan to let her idle for a while longer before letting it rip. Engine is a 420 HEMI I picked up for $175.00 and was waiting for a project like this. I removed the governor and all the junk clinging to the outside of the engine that was unnecessary. I put a 34mm Mikuni carb. I removed the oil sensor inside the crank case. I added new 13" shocks that are amazing compared to what was on this beast. They really impress me. 5 point harness arrived a couple days ago. I have purchased blue diamond plate metal sheets that I intend on fabricating to the body so that mud and dirt and debris will not fly up at driver (me). I have Little Daddy Roth Metal Flake Paint (Bad AZZ Blue Base, Blue Balls Flake, Blue Balls large Flake, Blue Balls Kandy Coat, 1 and 2X Clear Coats. I don't intend on painting for a few months as I want to enjoy ripping it around and working out any kinks it there are any. I am super stoked about this build... Thanks! View attachment 270571 View attachment 270568 View attachment 270572 View attachment 270569 View attachment 270573 View attachment 270574 View attachment 270567
Wonder what happened to this O.P. ??

Would love to see how it turned out .

Bhahn

I'm working the same set up with a duromax 440cc.. could you help me out with what driver/ driven pulley and belt size you have on yours!!