Murray Track 2 Mini Bike Owners Group

I posted a question concerning the front wheel bearings in the group.. not sure who all is in there but I need that bearing or a bearing number to cross reference. The OD is 1.415" and ID is .625" any help would be gratefully appreciated. The bearing is an odd ball size and only number on the bearing is 6202Z. The Z means single sided metal seal and 6202 is the ID measurement which is 5/8" or .625

I have two (2) Murray Track 2 minibikes - need some pointers

New to this site/forum. I have two (2) Murray Track 2 minibikes that I bought for my sons in 2001 or 2002. They have been through hell and back and are sitting in my garage and both run well. One is missing it's brakes and the other has a flat on the rear tire. Both need a little TLC in the clutch department and a major clean-up.

Before I tear into these bikes and redo them to re-give to my now-grown sons for Christmas...I have a few questions.

==I assume the tires are tubed...is this correct?

==These minibikes never went up hill very well. Seemed like the clutch was always weak. Any recommended upgrades?

==I know these minibikes were only made for a couple of years - any place to get Murray Track 2 specific parts, decals, etc?

I am looking forward to hearing from you. I promise to get before and after pics posted too.

OK...the tires are tubeless. I managed to air two of them up but the tires are old and stiff. Probably will get 4 new tires.

One minibike started up, but had to run really rich with the choke on to get it to go. Sounds like I need to clean the carb and get a new plug to replaced the 13 or 14 year old one.

The clutch was still sluggish when I rode up a hill, in the dark. I forgot to say, "Watch this!" before I did it :)

I found the old brakes that were removed...I think they are complete.

Ultimately these minibikes will be going to our hilly farm. I would love to be able to ride the trails. Any advice on getting the clutch to grab on hills better will be greatly appreciated. Did my kids overgrease them?

Last edited:
I wrecked mine on the 13th of this month. Bent the front forks into the frame and got a good bit of road rash on my forearm. Had to heat the forks up with a torch and bend them back. I will attempt to weld where the threads are on the head and attempt to thread them back. If it's a no-go then I'll be on the look out for a "parts bike" but don't think I'll find one..

Hi i have a murry track 2 it kinda was like a beg for forgiveness more than ask for permission kind of thing woth one of my buddies. We watch cars and cameras all the time and we had the same history class in highschool and started looking in on Craigslist and legit and ended up getting one that the guy swapped a predator on to and put a massive sprocket on the back like it’s almost as big as the rear tire 80tooth i believe somewhere around there but anyways we pulled the governor and jetted the carb and did a spark plug upgrade and then made our own exhaust with a flange online that had threads so we got typical plumbing piping like for gas lines and then used a Briggs can muffler from tractor supply. The thing is stupid it’s got maybe 15 degrees of turn and it’s at full throttle it wheelies if your not already moving it’s. Death trap which is why i love it soo much we are now roommates in college and in the small town of Pittsburg KS it never ceases to amaze me when a drunk freind starts getting cocky when we tell him you gotta start of slow you will whisky throttle it I’ve seen over 100 people wreck it from it full throttle into a barn to full throttle and hitting a rut in the road and loosing balance the bike skidded 100 feet he was doing 45-50 when he wrecked it and the other day my buddies gf wanted to ride it and she wrecked it all i will say is for a Walmart game mini bike this thing is a goddam tank I’ve broken the idler pulley on it off And rubbed through the plastic and i grabbed a massive 1-1/4 in socket from my harbor freight tools and used a fence metal tie to drill holes in it to make a new tensioner (highly recommended if you break yours off just keep the socket oily and it should be good it’s been running over 100hrs with it and there’s a little wear on the chain but it still runs)

nice sissy bars!

Hey Jake I just love the wheel barrow sissy bars you added!!:laugh:
Just kidding, I love those forks!![/QUOTE]
Hey so I just got a Murray track two. And I really messed up the front forks they are no good. How can I get new front forks? I would like it to be foley suspension so what front forks will fit this bike