Murray Track 2 Mini Bike Owners Group

Need throttle cable

I recently purchased a Murray Track 2 Mini Racer for my son and the throttle is sticking. I was told by a local small engine repair shop that if I can get the cable they will put it on for me. I'm having trouble finding out where to get the parts. Can you help me out?

I recently purchased a Murray Track 2 Mini Racer for my son and the throttle is sticking. I was told by a local small engine repair shop that if I can get the cable they will put it on for me. I'm having trouble finding out where to get the parts. Can you help me out?
Go to ANY bicycle shop and they sell them :thumbsup: They sell the cables in a pretty long length so you'll have to cut it probably.

Is the stock (tecumseh) engine still on the bike?

I recently sold a running trac two saw another for sale,bought it painted it kept the fenders off now i'm ready to put the right engine back on it.They are great daily drivers,pick one up if you can!

Dumped it

My son dumped his track 2. Oil was coming out of the air cleaner. Besides replacing the air cleaner what else do I need to do?
Any idea where I can get a key or the switch and key? There is a Champion 5861 plug in it that needs to be replaced, is that the correct plug for the 3.5 Tecumseh Power Sport? Many thanks!

TomH

My son dumped his track 2. Oil was coming out of the air cleaner. Besides replacing the air cleaner what else do I need to do?
Any idea where I can get a key or the switch and key? There is a Champion 5861 plug in it that needs to be replaced, is that the correct plug for the 3.5 Tecumseh Power Sport? Many thanks!
They quit making the Murray the 80's so unless someone here has a switch or ebay. Might try a locksmith if all you need is a key. Filter and plug would be a lawn mower shop. Get your serial number to bring along. I haven't had any trouble finding motor parts for a Tec so far and my oldest is a 71 model.

TomH

Count me in!!!! Just bought one.
They are great bikes. mmisterbungl is the resident Track 2 sage around here. I put a fairly stock clone on mine and I love it. Still breaking it in and tuning the carb, but it has put me on my back a couple of times so far.:laugh: