Murray Track 2 Mini Bike Owners Group

So I can start bragging about mine more without feeling bad. I damn near talked myself into shipping mine to you for what I paid plus actual shipping. I felt bad you had ridden one and couldn't find one, I searched for one and stopped. Mine came to me on a fluke
I drove 5 hours total for my red one after work last Friday after losing out on a closer one on CL the week before. My old man drove further for his blue one before Christmas..... Mine even still has the key and switch. :thumbsup: I'm leaving the 6.5 Tec on it for a rider,the drag Murray is gonna have to wait for a while

Neck

Growing up is optional
That TAV setup looks really at home on that bike! I have one I will ultimately try, but I'm afraid the World Formula may over power it! If it does, I can always use the Horstman setup I picked up from Nova Nick.

I got this one off craig's about a year ago.....kinda rough shape

it's banged up, the stock rear brake is missing, no footpegs, bent handlebars. I installed a universal band brake and cable.....it sucks I'd be great to find parts for these things :shrug:

I hooked up a 6.5 and TAV. made a header, installed a UNI filter and re-jetted the carb. I'm running a 60T rear with a #41 chain. I bet it goes close to 40 mph with the governor connected. I wish it had better brakes

I moved the engine over on the "other" sets of slots to better center the clone engine in the frame. I had to make a spacer to move the sprocket. The BMX bars work great and I've replaced the temporary foot pegs with some Harley footpegs

I'ts torn down now and will be painted up over the winter
You need to offer the spacers for sale, I'd buy one. The engine placement bothers me, being such a big frame it should fit better. Not too unlike the engine offset in DBs though it is more glaring in the Murray. I suppose I could measure the difference center to center of the two slots and get the # but a spacer pre engineered would be tits.:thumbsup:

My $120 Murray. I used a 5.5 Intec I had for a while and had to modify the exhaust, it turned out great but as mentioned earlier it wheelies too easily. I'm going to try what cjtmini did and move the engine and sprocket over once I get the clone that will power it. I have $200 or so now in this murray with the engine cost and will pursue some front suspension evetually. Sprung forks changed the entire ride and handling of my DB drastically so I expect the Murray to benefit from em.:thumbsup:

The kickstand was missing so I went on Ebay and found the one on it now, fit nearly perfect!:thumbsup:

Looks good. I think I'm gonna strip the plastic molding around the seat off of mine too when I get around to it. It's all busted on the back and I kinda like the look of the ones I've seen without it anyway.

I'd really like to figure out a custom tank for it that would work with the lines of the bike too.... I haven't really found a spot to put a remote tank that suits me...

For the front suspension, I think I'm gonna go the easy route for my rider and just get some shocks, mount some tabs up top and make some rockers.

Need to find the stupid fork nut too.... :doah:

I used a bicycle kickstand on mine. Also mine doesn't have that 72 tooth sprocket, haven't counted the teeth but believe its 60. Mine doensn't pop wheelies and I have a 6.5hp Briggs intek.

I got this one off craig's about a year ago.....kinda rough shape

it's banged up, the stock rear brake is missing, no footpegs, bent handlebars. I installed a universal band brake and cable.....it sucks I'd be great to find parts for these things :shrug:

I hooked up a 6.5 and TAV. made a header, installed a UNI filter and re-jetted the carb. I'm running a 60T rear with a #41 chain. I bet it goes close to 40 mph with the governor connected. I wish it had better brakes

I moved the engine over on the "other" sets of slots to better center the clone engine in the frame. I had to make a spacer to move the sprocket. The BMX bars work great and I've replaced the temporary foot pegs with some Harley footpegs

I'ts torn down now and will be painted up over the winter
They sell a chrome kickstand I would swear was the factory one for the Murrays, item # 220944254521. Mine came without one so I asked Grant to shoot me some pics and I saw this one on Ebay, it looked close so I went for it at $12.95 and it fits perfect.:thumbsup: