Muskin Dune Cat Find! (Help Needed!)

Aaaaaand i'm BACK!

Finally! I've got a real job now, so i can pour some money into this thing.
I have the extended body froma Keisler, and a new predator 224 motor from harbor freight.

I've cut some steel to size for a brand new frame, im using the frame from Keislers body they sent me as a reference.
I'm SO ready to start on this thing again!

we are not going to talk about the quality of some of these welds.

(Its been 7 years since i took my one year highschool welding class)

This is the progress i have on the new frame, hoping the rest of this steel decides to work with me

Ive got a new motor, and im basically reverse engineering the frame that Keisler sold me with the extended body.

Attachments

Ive got a torque converter and a Forward-Neutral-Reverse gearbox in the mail right now.

Looking at aftermarket rear axles because I cannot be bothered to build my own, and original one is completely shot, bearings are dust and the axle itself is half-ate by rust.

Looking at a Live axle kit from BMI Karts & Parts, anyone have good luck with them?

also picking up a few 3/4'' spindles for the front axle, I'll probably make my own front axle.

Trying to find a faithful recreation of the pedals, ive got the originals off and I cannot - for the life of me - find some that i wont have to make myself :rolleyes:

Does anyone know aftermarket pedals that would work with the body style? without changing too much on the mounting hardware for the frame?

I really dont want to fab them, mostly because I'm lazy, but I suppose I could try my hand at it if all else fails.

Attachments

Trying to find a faithful recreation of the pedals, ive got the originals off and I cannot - for the life of me - find some that i wont have to make myself :rolleyes:

Does anyone know aftermarket pedals that would work with the body style? without changing too much on the mounting hardware for the frame?

I really dont want to fab them, mostly because I'm lazy, but I suppose I could try my hand at it if all else fails.

I gave up looking for some that might work with them, and ended up fabricating my own, not too tough, just needed a die for the 3/8th rod for the pedals.

Still using the original foot pedals, my welding skill isnt great enough to make custom ones.

The threading is 16NC. I'm gonna be using grade 8 nuts for them, even though theyre a bit overkill.

Attachments