muskin tricat I think

I saved this blast from the past for some kids that were going to chop it paid 300 bucks not sure what I got any help here would be appreciated collectibility value anything it starts runs got a predator engine on it PS thanks for let me join and I hope I posted this right I'm not really good at this stuff

Attachments

FunWithStuff

Nice save! Welcome to the site! No worries you posted in the right section. Trikes like these are very collectible and the one you have is basically complete it appears to just be missing the seat and a few odds and ends that should be easy to find. Don't lose those original decals by the way especially the handlebar decal those are impossible to find.

As far as value goes, they aren't given here this site is for discussions about bikes, trikes, go karts, etc. not valuing them. I will say this though I would have definitely paid $300 for that. Awesome find! If you ever do some restoration work on it, share an update on it!

Nice save! Welcome to the site! No worries you posted in the right section. Trikes like these are very collectible and the one you have is basically complete it appears to just be missing the seat and a few odds and ends that should be easy to find. Don't lose those original decals by the way especially the handlebar decal those are impossible to find.

As far as value goes, they aren't given here this site is for discussions about bikes, trikes, go karts, etc. not valuing them. I will say this though I would have definitely paid $300 for that. Awesome find! If you ever do some restoration work on it, share an update on it!
Well thank you I saw it and I knew it had to be saved they're going to chop it and weld a different front end to it I'm going to restore it back to original the brakes are shot on it they're like a leather strap I need a seat and a fender as far as the decals is there any way to bring back the luster

FunWithStuff

Well thank you I saw it and I knew it had to be saved they're going to chop it and weld a different front end to it I'm going to restore it back to original the brakes are shot on it they're like a leather strap I need a seat and a fender as far as the decals is there any way to bring back the luster
It's definitely going to be possible to restore it back to life but it might not be easy to locate the parts you need. Most of the parts you need are 40-50+ years old and not many are still around or didn't survive/got lost but this site is one of the best places you might be able to locate them at. They might come up for sale on eBay occasionally to. Realize because these parts are old and hard to find they might be a little pricey too because they are in high demand for restorations like these.

The seat and fender both are very hard to find parts especially the seat because obviously the leather wears out quicker than a metal fender would. I don't know about the brake setup it might be rare or easy to find it all depends on whether the brakes were used on other models than the Tricat or not, that might make them easier to locate. There is a "Wanted" section on this site where you can make a post of what you are looking for and maybe someone can help you. Realize you might have to wait a while before someone responds or someone might respond right away and help you out.

I'm actually don't know a lot about trikes, I'm more of a minibike person but I do know some about this one because this model (TriCat) was made by a company called HPE/Muskin who is known for making Cat bikes which I collect so I only know some things about this trike because of its brand.

There are lots of trike experts on here though. Hopefully one of them will be able to help you have more information on this trike. Have fun with it and enjoy!

It's definitely going to be possible to restore it back to life but it might not be easy to locate the parts you need. Most of the parts you need are 40-50+ years old and not many are still around or didn't survive/got lost but this site is one of the best places you might be able to locate them at. They might come up for sale on eBay occasionally to. Realize because these parts are old and hard to find they might be a little pricey too because they are in high demand for restorations like these.

The seat and fender both are very hard to find parts especially the seat because obviously the leather wears out quicker than a metal fender would. I don't know about the brake setup it might be rare or easy to find it all depends on whether the brakes were used on other models than the Tricat or not, that might make them easier to locate. There is a "Wanted" section on this site where you can make a post of what you are looking for and maybe someone can help you. Realize you might have to wait a while before someone responds or someone might respond right away and help you out.

I'm actually don't know a lot about trikes, I'm more of a minibike person but I do know some about this one because this model (TriCat) was made by a company called HPE/Muskin who is known for making Cat bikes which I collect so I only know some things about this trike because of its brand.

There are lots of trike experts on here though. Hopefully one of them will be able to help you have more information on this trike. Have fun with it and enjoy!
Oh thank you for the information here and yeah looking everywhere I'm one of them old school I'm 50 myself so I don't have things are hard to find but if it's worth doing it's worth doing right and this is probably one of the things I want to pass down to my my kids and grandkids after I'm done playing with it of course

FunWithStuff

That's awesome what your planning to do with it. I'm sure the grandkids will love it! And yeah I hope someone who knows more about these might come around soon and can give you a little more info on it.

Well it's got a 212cc predator a hemi on it I'm going to go ahead and put the mod kit exhaust on it I found the brake straps for 20 dollers which wasn't too bad I thought you're right the seats are going to be impossible to find original but I have found several of diagrams of what they originally look like and the guy that does my interior for my cars will make me a setup I should I pay him enough lol the body has a few fiberglass cracks in it I found out I can remove the decals and save them so we're going to redo the entire body on it get any stress cracks and cracks fixed put the original paint back on it and the original decals back on it(is my idea at this today) but the wife hasn't heard about this yet she might have other opinions lol thank God I remodeled the dog house it's nicer in my room

Looks in great shape. Just service the rear and do some new axel bearings and it will be good for another 50 years. All those trikes take basic parts like the mini bikes.

Looks in great shape. Just service the rear and do some new axel bearings and it will be good for another 50 years. All those trikes take basic parts like the mini bikes.
Yeah I've noticed that thank you for the response most of them are just the band type go-kart brakes etc it's not going to be a bad rebuild only thing I'm going to change I'm going to take off the original foot pegs keep them of course and I'm going to put in a modified where I can stretch my legs out a little bit more

Well if I ever decide to get rid of it I'll keep you in mind but don't hold your breath I'm in love with the little ride my wife said it reminds her of me it's so little but fun to ride kidding

Last edited: