MUST SEE Briggs VW homemade bike engine

nice looks like it works good. even looks like my brother and something we would build :laugh: the cam and head setup is the hard part. I thought about making an ohv setup like that for a briggs fh but without a machine shop im not sure how id go about doing the head with the valves. maybe have to adapt an ohv head from a different engine :shrug: anyway definatly alot of thought and head scratching went into that im sure. thanks for sharing

that's pretty cool....I get the oil resovouir on the end of the connecting rod...that can feed the wrist pin also.....but what lubricates the cylinder and keeps the piston from galling...:confused:

probably the 35 rpm 4 inch piston wraped in cooling fins.. :laugh:

:shrug: It probably isn't a 300,000 mile vehicle..

It looks pretty greasy in there.. He probably just prelubes it, or runs two stroke premix in it..

I was guessing oil in the fuel for cyl. lube.
The whole thing is crazy simple yet unreal at the same time. he has done his homework it seems, cam timing and all.

I was thinking he mighta added some 2 stroke oil in the fuel...especially the way he loooked at the fuel tank "dipstick"......but it doesn't smoke..:shrug:

That friction drive wheel that rubs on the tire is neat...looks like studs imbeded in a leather wheel or something...:detective:

toomanytoys

Thanks for posting that.

I am amazed. So simple. Appears to work great for its intended purpose. I love simple engines like that.

My favorites anymore are the hit miss engines. One day I am going to bring one home

and manifold vacuum gauge and decompressor this must be the work of an engineering student. ?? Very ingenious !! Would be hard to beat that project with a $20.00 budget!!