My 60$ race bike challenge

Much cheaper and easier to fix what you have but it's your baby to burp, I was just thinking of the cost cutting and ease of doing it at least for me it was cheap and easy. I've fixed a whole lot of hacked plates and sometimes it is easier to start from scratch, looking good so far though and I love a low budget build.
That looks pretty good. I’m wondering if I want to replace the entire motor plate (cut and weld) but I’ll probably just buy a motor plate to clover it up and give me the adjustability I need. Would look good too.

Yea I agree sometimes just a quick cut and weld is easiest but I wanted a motor plate anyway so I’m gonna throw it on there and if it still looks manly at all the whole plate will be replaced.

I always screw up when I comment on Predator building so this is going to be a question. Aren't the 36lb springs a "large diameter spring?" Don't you need large retainers and a larger spring pocket to run large dia springs?

I always screw up when I comment on Predator building so this is going to be a question. Aren't the 36lb springs a "large diameter spring?" Don't you need large retainers and a larger spring pocket to run large dia springs?
You just need to be using the automotive style retainers and cut the spring pockets wider as long as the conventional is like a hemi head.