My 68 Lil Indian Build

Excellent job you did. Where did you get the handle bars? They are not Sting Ray are they? I did not see the center boss that is there for Schwinn bikes as you have 2 handle bar clamps which looks great.

Excellent job you did. Where did you get the handle bars? They are not Sting Ray are they? I did not see the center boss that is there for Schwinn bikes as you have 2 handle bar clamps which looks great.
Thanks for the complement. The handle bars were not from a Schwinn bicycle. I found the handle bars on eBay. They were described as Sunlite Hi/Rise Chrome Bike Handlebars 7/8" 26.75 Chrome. I fabricated the forks to accommodate the 2 clamp system and these handle bars worked perfectly.

Thanks for the complement. The handle bars were not from a Schwinn bicycle. I found the handle bars on eBay. They were described as Sunlite Hi/Rise Chrome Bike Handlebars 7/8" 26.75 Chrome. I fabricated the forks to accommodate the 2 clamp system and these handle bars worked perfectly.
I would have to say the sunlite handlebars worked out perfectly, finding handlebars to suit your needs without actually seeing them is a tough thing to do. I have bought many handlebar sets only to find they were too wide or they had too much rake or too much droop. It's nice when builders post what they used so the next guy doesn't end up with a bunch of stuff they'll never use. Puch Maxi tall handlebars work nicely too, there's a moped site called treatland that has a bunch of great stuff. After seeing yours done, I'm almost inspired to do a little more on my 68. I chopped the forks when I was a teenager about 30 years ago so I could ride it without my knees hitting them. I used a similar setup but with Stingray bars, I had to rake them forward too much and it didn't look right. Your setup is what look I was going for, great job!.