My 68 Lil Indian Build

Yes, beautiful. I've got a lil Indian I want to do to match my hot rod eventually, tho for now me and my kid just terrorize the neighborhood on it as is. If you don't mind my asking, how'd you do the whitewalls? Are they true whitewalls or did you paint the white on? Here's a Pic of my Indian and hot rod, so gonna spray everything same color, and do black wheels and whitewalls on the Indian. I rigged a seat up front so my kid and I can ride at the same time comfortably...

Thanks! 20200919_165939.jpg 20200925_080327.jpg

Yes, beautiful. I've got a lil Indian I want to do to match my hot rod eventually, tho for now me and my kid just terrorize the neighborhood on it as is. If you don't mind my asking, how'd you do the whitewalls? Are they true whitewalls or did you paint the white on? Here's a Pic of my Indian and hot rod, so gonna spray everything same color, and do black wheels and whitewalls on the Indian. I rigged a seat up front so my kid and I can ride at the same time comfortably...

Thanks! View attachment 270817 View attachment 270818
Cool toys and it's also cool that you include your son in your travels through your neighborhood. As for your question regarding the whitewall tires, yes, I painted them. I can tell you from experience there are a few does and don'ts when it comes to applying the paint.

1. Don't use brand new tires, they have the tendency to out gas. Use a good set of the tires that have been sitting around for a while.
2. Clean them with soap (dawn) and water and then clean them again.
3. Mount and inflate the tire to the proper psi.
4. Using high tack masking tape, tape off the areas you don't want white.
4. Using a quality Vinyl/Plastic spray paint apply a half dozen light coats and then one heavy coat. Let it dry for 15-20 minutes between coats.

A word of caution, this is my first set of whitewalls so time will tell if it was worth it.