My Arm is Flippin tired...Tec HM80

Is there a way to get the little plugs out of the carb without messing them up? There still has to be a problem with that carb. I'm about ready to go clone with this bike but I have the Superbronc torque setup that I want to use.

Problem is the shaft sizes. Can I get a 3/4 driver to go with the bronc system. I still want to use the band brake and eliminate the front brake.

Is it a 30 series or 40 series. 30 series no problem for 3/4" shaft. 40 series is usually 1" but you can buy a shaft adapter to go from 3/4" to 1"

The one pictured above and the one I did today with clones have the chinese Tavs on them. Because of the angle of the head you need to raise the engine. The one above had a disc brake on the rear tire and the one today I made a rear Band brake set up for. Yours has the big block on the backside of the TAV. You would need to test fit it first. If you don't have a clone/predator then I suggest taking the backing plate to Harbor Freight and hold it up to the store display. It may or may not work. Or you may have to redrill the mounting holes if it is close. Depending on where it sits in the frame you might have to get a different header pipe or make your own or different air filter. I just had to rework the muffler on mine.

I have a clone on my Boonie Bike. I'll take a look at it tomorrow. I've about had it with this Tecumseh. I just thought it would be easier if it would run. I've always had good luck with the old Briggs engines but this one is kicking my butt. Thanks for the help.

I have a clone on my Boonie Bike. I'll take a look at it tomorrow. I've about had it with this Tecumseh. I just thought it would be easier if it would run. I've always had good luck with the old Briggs engines but this one is kicking my butt. Thanks for the help.
Hey Coy...hang in there...

I fought for what felt like months to get my SuperBronc's 8 hp tecumseh running right.

It is by far the strongest running motor I have ever ridden..... after getting points, condenser, and flywheel magnet issues sorted out, it took the OEM carburetor...the exact one, and a good fuel pump.

Here's the carb info:
"series 770 translates to Tecumseh 632199 / 632402 OEM CARBURETOR FITS HM80-155174 TEC632402".

I know it is getting expensive at this point, and the carb is close to $90...but worth every cent of it.

My VT-8 Super Bronc is the best riding mini bike I've ever had, and the 8 hp tecumseh will haul a$$, and could climb a dang wall !

Good luck Coy.....you are almost there :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Where do you get series 770? I haven't seen a set of points on the engine. Are they under the flywheel with the coil? Do they resemble the points on an old motorcycle or car? Maybe the gap is off. I'm just guessing here. I found the carb online and I will order it if I get no results today.