My 'beer budget' 70' Scrambler resto

I bought this bike about 3 years ago and is was 95 % original. I paid $600 for it and also fixed the guys Stihl backpack blower and did carb work on his 80's 3 wheeler. Has original tank (no dents), decals, seat, clutch cover, paperwork. I had matching frame paint mixed at an automotive paint shop (Bonzai blue) to lightly paint the frame to cover some of the rust but still to leave most of the original paint. I wanted to build the bike around the tank condition-nice, not perfect. I used Mercedes Feinsilber metallic (yes with a b) 9705 for the engine paint. The more coats you put on, the lighter the coat gets. Disassembled the engine-new rings, honed cylinder, new gaskets all around. Thanks to Blackwidow motorsports-new drive sprocket, throttle cable, chain guard, kill switch with and wire, decals. Yes, the rims have rust, everything not perfect, but overall a great looking and running machine with just the right look for a 52 year old bike. I probably have $600 invested in addition to the initial purchase price. Plus a lot of time. Labor of love!

Attachments

Hello @acjohn .

Welcome to the Oldminibikes.com forum.

Your bike looks great.

Paperwork and all.

Something I especially like are the stickers on the tank...that one especially "Space Age Recreation".

Enjoy it.

And again, welcome.