My big adventure

Today we got to ride our biKes down at our place in The outer banks . We rode around the field first and my tec was not as strong as the others in the short runs , which I figured because they have TAV 's . Doug's raptor seemed to pull the hardest around the field and the Honda was close my tec takes a little longer to get up on the pipe .
After that we went to the hard road to try some top speed runs , this is where the Tecumseh shines . We take off they get the jump but the tec always came around on the big end . Jesse says that my bike was just marginally faster than his , but he never came around my bike and mine pulled his and the raptor ?
All in all it was a fun day of riding with my brothers .

Just want to say that all the bikes came home running and with all parts intacked . The raptor gas tank did come louse but was caught before we had a fire .
Jesse's Powell had the header pipe crack just past the flange and it dropped down a little . He tried to blame the builder ( ME ) but he did not check that box on the option sheet for a brace to be made , he's cheap .
My Powell pretty much run incident free for the day .

The word Marginal is important here. Calling my builder a BUILDER, is MARGINAL. HE SHOULD HAVE KNOWN THAT A MUFFLER BRACE WAS NECESSARY. This is my first bike to come home broke. The builder is now 55, maybe he's getting marginal.

Jesse

Well today we weren't going to ride but Doug and Jesse decided to clean there bikes and do oil changes , and we also had to fix the pe on Jesse's bike .
We got the pipe done first and they started cleaning . While doing so we noticed that the throttle setup on the Honda ( which was the owners doing ) was not opening up all the way I pulled the air filter and could see that the butterfly was only a half to two thirds open . Well we no what this means , all day of out running him yesterday maybe just ended .
And let me tell y'all the shit talking started and I was getting a little worried , cause I had been racing just half of that Honda not all of it .
It took just about most of the day to rebuild the throttle set up . Doug made new brackets for it , I had to pull the flywheel cause Jesse had dropped bolts behind it and they stuck to the magnets inside the wheel . So we got it all together , and we also put a yellow spring on the driven of Doug's TAV and they were both talking shit about showing me something .
Me and Doug made some runs up and down the street and he got beat pretty bad , at the time I didn't know he was sand bagging a little . We got Jesse's bike together and took it out he tried it first and then Doug and I . After sweating all day about the only racing half a Honda yesterday and after riding it , well it was better but not quite what I expected .
So after a bunch of arguing we line up with Doug dropping the flag and I got a little jump but stayed in front the whole length of the street , which is about a little less than half a mile . We were probably running a quarter mile or so . At the end the the Honda was about 10 feet behind me when we let off . We ran back the opposite way and I got there first with the Honda ri

Well today we weren't going to ride but Doug and Jesse decided to clean there bikes and do oil changes , and we also had to fix the pe on Jesse's bike .
We got the pipe done first and they started cleaning . While doing so we noticed that the throttle setup on the Honda ( which was the owners doing ) was not opening up all the way I pulled the air filter and could see that the butterfly was only a half to two thirds open . Well we no what this means , all day of out running him yesterday maybe just ended .
And let me tell y'all the shit talking started and I was getting a little worried , cause I had been racing just half of that Honda not all of it .
It took just about most of the day to rebuild the throttle set up . Doug made new brackets for it , I had to pull the flywheel cause Jesse had dropped bolts behind it and they stuck to the magnets inside the wheel . So we got it all together , and we also put a yellow spring on the driven of Doug's TAV and they were both talking shit about showing me something .
Me and Doug made some runs up and down the street and he got beat pretty bad , at the time I didn't know he was sand bagging a little . We got Jesse's bike together and took it out he tried it first and then Doug and I . After sweating all day about the only racing half a Honda yesterday and after riding it , well it was better but not quite what I expected .
So after a bunch of arguing we line up with Doug dropping the flag and I got a little jump but stayed in front the whole length of the street , which is about a little less than half a mile . We were probably running a quarter mile or so . At the end the the Honda was about 10 feet behind me when we let off . We ran back the opposite way and I got there first with the Honda ri

Your Summary is is exactly correct, however you did not point out that the 10 ft differential between the two bikes at the point that we both let off was exactly the same gap all the way down the street, and that you jumped the start. I guess we are now at the point that MARGINIAL is no longer the phrase to use, maybe three words. EXACTLY THE SAME

Jesse

I will also point out that the look on Davids face when he discovered that my linkage did not allow the butterfly to completely open was PRICELESS. Not marginally priceless, but PRICELESS.

Jesse

delray

david you only have a clutch setup on yours......
i think with a torque converter it would be alot different on that short track you guys where running on.

Your Summary is is exactly correct, however you did not point out that the 10 ft differential between the two bikes at the point that we both let off was exactly the same gap all the way down the street, and that you jumped the start. I guess we are now at the point that MARGINIAL is no longer the phrase to use, maybe three words. EXACTLY THE SAME

Jesse
No I did not jump the start , your reaction time just sucks . You will never be a drag racer !!!!!!!

david you only have a clutch setup on yours......
i think with a torque converter it would be alot different on that short track you guys where running on.
Brain a have the stock Powell drive system a TAV style clutch and a fixed driven , half a TAV . You should have seen their faces getting outrun by a old Tecumseh .

delray

ok, now i see why they are pulling alway from you. if you had a real torque converter setup they wouldn't be pulling you so easy. still not bad for a belt setup, half of the time it's just slipping....:scooter:

Last edited:
[video=youtube;2BzW6YgxtPY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BzW6YgxtPY&feature=youtu.be[/video]

figured it out... so you dont have to click on link and go to different page... just used the code from OldMiniBikes