My Bonanza Is Nearing The Finish Line

well, i had to re-do my bonanza. i wasn't really diggin the yellow, and it was pretty beat down.

ive now got it back from powdercoat and chrome. im still waiting on parts from tired iron so i can finish this thing. theres going to be a small sissy bar to finish off the seat, and the fuel tank is going in for chrome.

That is very nice! look's like some time and $$$$ went into that. Can't wait to see it done :thumbsup: Who did your chroming? How was the pricing? I need some small stuff done lol.

Last edited:
How can a guy named "bananas" not like yellow. :doah:

Judging by that seat,,,, I'm willing to guess you have a studded tongue. :thefinger:

No really, it looks real good . :thumbsup: Who made your tank?

OH,, BTW,,, you'll need to wear white boots! Hahahahahaha! Sombody stop me!!!!!!!

Last edited:
ruppster - thanks! the most time spent so far is waiting for parts to arrive. Astro on Lankershim did the plating and the powdercoat.

injuntom - no offense taken. i do want a repro seat, but it needs to be white. know anyone that can do one? also, im going back to chain drive, no torque converter for this one.

gto - i do like yellow, but i like the orange pearl better. i guess i should have picked "orange you gonna say bonanza?"
no studded tongue (any longer)
i found a really cool dude in texas named robert that makes oil tanks for harleys, and i called him and told him what i needed, and 2 weeks later it was on my doorstep. the dude does great work.
and yes, i'll be rockin" some white disco pimp boots for the first ride!!

Hahahahaha, Good stuff. :thumbsup: what about the throttle?

Also My buddy "Oldman" is in texas and might want to contact this dude for a tank. I have a friend that does that kind of work but haven't seen him in a while.

ks8ball (a member here) can make a white seat for you. He does VERY nice work. Look him up. His name is Ken.
Awesome color, I really dig pearl paint. It's gonna be a sweet ride. Unfortunately, you might be waiting for quite some time for your parts from T/I. From what I've heard over the last 4 or 5 yrs., it will be a cold day in...... well, you know.
Good luck.

purple pride - once i get all the other stuff back from chrome, i will have spent around 450ish.

jim - thanks for the seat info. the tired iron site is operational again, and in my account info, it says my orders are pending. looking good so far.

touchdown - im keeping this seat for sure, i love it too, but im going to have a white repop done as an option. thanks for the props on the seat:thumbsup:

Last edited:

delray

Bananas for Bonanzas,where did you get the white handle grips and will they fit over your throttle . i am going to build a minibike for my niece this winter. she whats plum crazy purple for the frame and fenders,so the engine will be a white and also couple other things too. i think the white handle grips will look good.
:scooter:.......................:thumbsup: