My Dream Autorama I would pay STUPID money to see ...

Been pondering this for years ...
I can see cool cars at the local Hamburg stand .. I want to see these!!
All these really exist ... and there are tons more not pictured .. feel free to add to the list!

bathtub_buggy.jpg Boothill Express.jpg Carpet Rod.jpg Chariot.jpg Coach.jpg Dragula.jpg invader.jpg Lil Coffin.jpg Monkey Mobile.jpg Munsters Coach.jpg Peanut Mobile.jpg Phone Booth.jpg Picmup.jpg Pink Panther.jpg Pizza Wagon.jpg Red Baron.jpg Red Flyer.jpg Redd Wrecker.jpg sidewinder.jpg supervan.jpg Trik Truck.jpg Trikes.jpg voxmobile.jpg Zinger Van.jpg Zinger Vette.jpg Zingers!.jpg

When I think of Kustom Kar's.....these are exactly what I think.

It was so amazing growing up during the '60's and '70's, seeing these things in the media.

I would love to see them in person.

Twid

I loved goin to the Oakland roadster show growing up, my uncle use to tell me these are big boy toys as he pointed at all the kustoms cars.

Damn Bill, I've been living 150 miles from you and I think I saw Beatnik Bandit one year ... I want them all in one place at one time ....

Damn Bill, I've been living 150 miles from you and I think I saw Beatnik Bandit one year ... I want them all in one place at one time ....
Late 70s into the early 80s they had tons of Barris cars and many others there. It use to be a sweet show...now not so much. Somewhere at my parents house I have pics of many of these cool rides.

Cool pics ! Lots of SoCal memories from 40-50 years ago. Thanks for posting. Here is another few and it looks like George barris signed the dragula pic. image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

You guys are lucky. Most of the junk they call custom now days if just expensive catalog bolt on parts. Hardly anybody knows metal work and what they do know is to order a mass produced stamped filler panel and weld it in.

Anyways there isn't anything modern good looking enough to want to mod like they did back then.

I would love to see "The Red Baron", I built the model as a kid. That brings back great memories, thanks Sixpac. I married the swimsuit model in that picture........not really.:wink:

Last edited: