My dream Garage in the making

Looks great!!!!

The sealer I used didn't last long....:no:

I always wonder what floor sealer they use in the new Home Depots and Lowes...that stuff is awesome.

This is a similar product of U-Coat-It. Mixed and matched by my dad that did similar in his metal/copper shop/studio. One thing I didn't like was getting really "high" of of it. I had to have both garage doors and the regular door closed while doing it though.

The worst though is that SprayMax 2K Clear stuff. It made me so high and sick I swore I would start minding the rules and using a respirator.

45t

Got the first coat of epoxy sealer down last night and this morning. Can't wait to start moving everything back in.

Very cool!

How big is that Garage? It going to fill up fast when you start putting all those Mopars in there and don't forget the mini bikes.

It's 30'x40'. I don't plan on keeping any cars in this. It's mostly going to be for weekend work and all the mini bike/Odyssey stuff. I want one place to do most of the restoration work and a place for friends to come hang out and watch movies/BBQ.

I only have two of all the mopars I've had left.

I suppose you have in-floor heating LOL Great looking shop and good lighting.
Steve :scooter:
I can get by with my Mr. Heater and a large patio unit that puts off a good amount of heat. Keep in mind, you don't need heaters for long at all in Texas. The Port-A-Cool is far more important.

Last edited:
Evaporative Coolers

I can get by with my Mr. Heater and a large patio unit that puts off a good amount of heat. Keep in mind, you don't need heaters for long at all in Texas. The Port-A-Cool is far more important.
I have had one of the Kenmore roto belt coolers and they are hands down the best in the industry. Mine was the biggest they made 6,000 cfm way too big for my house but the price was right.

so your a CAT fancier Steve :scooter:

That's a great looking shop. :thumbsup: I've been working on my shop all weekend. It's smaller that yours, 20x20, but I can also store 4 motorcycles in my toy hauler camp trailer. My contractor brother-in-law put it up, and then left the finish work for me to do. I've been going slowly, but things are moving forward. The outside work is all done, so it looks finished. We completed the wiring last weekend and I've been putting up insulation this weekend. Next comes sheetrock. Painting/coating concrete floors is problematic. I coated mine w/Rustoleum expoxy from the depot, but it lifted. That was in spite of thorough prep and careful attention to the directions. My buddy used an epoxy product that he found on line, and it's held up much better. But it also might have been related to the part where they f-ed up the concrete floor when they poured it. I thought it would be OK, but finally had to cut it out and replace it. Here's a vid.

Garage Floor Saw Cut - YouTube

Last edited:
Hoppy: If your comment was at me... I can't afford wood. That's foam insulation.

TomS: What went wrong with the foundation? That looked like it would be a nightmare to have to go thru.

Thanks for the comp's guys.

My dads garage floor is smooth like that, almost looks like its been polished. It is great when laying on the floor working on cars but it is NOT GREAT when laying on the floor from walking in from outside with rain or snow on your boots. Many times have I walked through the door only to grab the trash can on my way down about 2-3 steps in because I forgot about the floor.